Series Talk: SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

Who will win Game 7

• Edmonton

Votes: 98 82.4%
  • Florida

Votes: 21 17.6%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

snag

Feb 22, 2014
Let’s wrap this up tonight because it’s ridiculous that the 4th game of a 7 game Stanley cup final series is in the middle of June.

The Final should be over and done with by June 1st, never going to happen, but it should.

Just to piss you off ... lol

Reactions: nturn06

jgs

Oct 24, 2019
Reality check. Florida got their butt handed to them big time. It isn't that they lost, it is how bad they lost but this could be exctly what Florida needed. They will be motivated back at home and having the chance to win the Cup at home. If they are to be the champs they must end this series in game 5 if they don't, The Oileres will make history and come back to win the Cup being down three games.

Reactions: NHL1674

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Let’s wrap this up tonight because it’s ridiculous that the 4th game of a 7 game Stanley cup final series is in the middle of June.

The Final should be over and done with by June 1st, never going to happen, but it should.
The NHL season should start after Labor Day just like when the kids go back to school. The SCF would be wrapped up by a more reasonable May 20th.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
That string of posts in the GDT at the end that were confused and mad about fans Oilers fans in the building cheering for their team winning was hilarious.

I don’t even..

thegazelle

Nov 11, 2019
Perhaps there is no veracity in my sense that maybe Florida took their foot off the gas a bit in game four. Up 3-0, there are numerous opportunities to close it out and what better way to do it than at home in game 5. Having the Oilers number all year and so far in these finals up until this game, I wonder whether they considered that it wasn't a must-win game and that they would have two more times to win it at home if needed. I can't imagine that a team deliberately throws in the towel to lose, since these things can always come back to bite them, but I wonder whether to a degree, they took this game lightly, thinking even if they lose, they will have more opportunities in a familiar arena with their own fans, to finish off the Oilers.

I am happy the Oilers won, but feel Florida decided to concede the victory and then put in all the marbles the next game at home.

PuckLuckCup

Jun 15, 2024
The NHL season should start after Labor Day just like when the kids go back to school. The SCF would be wrapped up by a more reasonable May 20th.
I doubt that NHL players want to give up their August. If you started the season in September, they would have to report to training camps in August.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
That string of posts in the GDT at the end that were confused and mad about fans Oilers fans in the building cheering for their team winning was hilarious.

I don’t even..

Nothing weird about that, gave them some hope. But even if they lose Tuesday at least they showed some effort and determination in front of their fans.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary
Perhaps there is no veracity in my sense that maybe Florida took their foot off the gas a bit in game four. Up 3-0, there are numerous opportunities to close it out and what better way to do it than at home in game 5. Having the Oilers number all year and so far in these finals up until this game, I wonder whether they considered that it wasn't a must-win game and that they would have two more times to win it at home if needed. I can't imagine that a team deliberately throws in the towel to lose, since these things can always come back to bite them, but I wonder whether to a degree, they took this game lightly, thinking even if they lose, they will have more opportunities in a familiar arena with their own fans, to finish off the Oilers.

I am happy the Oilers won, but feel Florida decided to concede the victory and then put in all the marbles the next game at home.
I know that if I were an athlete, I would never allow myself to ever drop to that low standard of intentionally letting a game get by me. I doubt that the Panthers actually did this.
Full marks to the Oilers for the steamrolling tonight.

Dempsey

Mark it zero
Mar 1, 2002
Ladner, BC
I said after game 3 that I'd just be happy if they didn't get swept, so this was a big relief for me. Now we try to win another one on Tuesday. Panthers are gonna be pissed and out for blood.

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014

Apparently a bunch of them flew families in for this one, so I don't think they were conceding anything. Probably a lack of focus, but the Oilers lacked focus in the previous games. It's a tough matchup for both teams, and if both are dialed in the rest of the way, it could go either way.

Reactions: trilobyte

dhfa

Apr 18, 2023
The panthers didn't lose on purpose. They got beat plain and simple. The oilers scored a shorthanded goal after the panthers hit the post twice. Then the panthers lost their composure and allowed the game to get really out of reach resulting in an 8-1 final score. No one loses a chance to win the cup on purpose.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad