Series Talk: SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (FLA Leads 3-1)

Who do you have?

• Florida in 4

Votes: 55 4.3%
  • Florida in 5

Votes: 187 14.6%
  • Florida in 6

Votes: 377 29.5%
  • Florida in 7

Votes: 106 8.3%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 21 1.6%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 53 4.1%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 332 26.0%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 148 11.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png
IMG_6405.jpeg

Last edited:

Chuck Norris Trophy

Jan 22, 2015
Florida is four lines, and all of the f***ing awesome. Edmonton is one line without a goalie and a beer league defense.

Is anyone surprised, really? Plus Barkov making MCD and Draisaitl his absolute bitch. He is the real best in the game.

Enjoy getting swept.

"But the XMTMTM stats who that Barkov has % ,05006 number plus MFMITTKTKT stats and McDavid has , 054423" Oh yeah? Cool f***ing story bro.

jgs

Oct 24, 2019
Come on now. Dallas Stars beat both those teams, and we all know who Dallas lost to.
Colorado or Vegas would have eliminated the Oilers from the playoffs. Just cause Dallas beat them doesn't mean the other two wouldn't beat the Oilers.

Reactions: dhfa

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Politely disagree. Oilers have McDavid. He is the best player in a long time. They've been knocking on the door in the playoffs. They EARNED this cup final. They ran into a buzz saw. It happens.

I refuse to cheapen the Oilers like that.
Fair assessment. I think they're overmatched but I've always been of the belief that if you're there, you belong there. For all the other teams/fans that think otherwise you can just WIN MORE GAMES

CashMash

Jun 5, 2015
Finland
Fair assessment. I think they're overmatched but I've always been of the belief that if you're there, you belong there. For all the other teams/fans that think otherwise you can just WIN MORE GAMES

Indeed. Even down 0-3, Connor is the best player in the world. If anyone could drag his team to victory, it's him... One series doesn't change that.

I'm just happy Barkov is being seen on the big stage. Because defense is harder to quantify, people tend to rate names like Mack and Matthews above him or pretend it isn't close. Barkov belongs with the cream of the crop.

Bergeron
Kopitar
Toews
ROR

Hopefully, Barkov will join them soon. A defensive center does seem to be one way to build a champion.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Indeed. Even down 0-3, Connor is the best player in the world. If anyone could drag his team to victory, it's him... One series doesn't change that.

I'm just happy Barkov is being seen on the big stage. Because defense is harder to quantify, people tend to rate names like Mack and Matthews above him or pretend it isn't close. Barkov belongs with the cream of the crop.

Bergeron
Kopitar
Toews
ROR

Hopefully, Barkov will join them soon. A defensive center does seem to be one way to build a champion.
Barkov has emerged as a top 5 player these playoffs...just for that defensive play alone.

Defense usually beats offence. He is a SHUT down center. Crazy. Watching him is epic. Stuff that doesn't show in the box score.

Reactions: sanscosm

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
It's no surprise McDrai are out of gas, the Canucks forced them to be overplayed, and this was the predicted, inevitable outcome.

And they don't help themselves, expending as much energy whining to refs when they should be mentally preparing for the next puck drop. Sad and embarrassing all 'round - Bettman and Daly for the joke they have turned "officiating" (read: rigging games) into, the refs themselves for not having the integrity to call the rulebook and be held to account, and McDrai for playing that game.

As I said in the second round, win or lose the Canucks had a successful season and Tocchet would win the Adams, while the oil had been dealt a death blow. Holland will be gone, Knoblwhateveritsspelled will be gone by the end of next season, as will Drai soon to be followed by McDavid himself.

All courtesy of the Vancouver Canucks.

Sports is great entertainment, isn't it?

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Colorado or Vegas would have eliminated the Oilers from the playoffs. Just cause Dallas beat them doesn't mean the other two wouldn't beat the Oilers.
It also doesn't mean that Vegas and Colorado would have beaten them either.. guess we'll never know.

But no need to discredit Oilers with statements like "Vegas and Colorado" when there isn't anything to support that. Especially since they defeated the opponent that eliminated them.

Reactions: Mike C

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
You gotta ride it. Drai is likely going to be the best player in any trade.

They pissed away a good chunk of the window already, but if they win any cup, their best shot is with mcdrai, and it's really an embrassment the oilers haven't been able to solve the puzzle with these two as their centerpiece.

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
Really curious to see how the oilers respond.
Literally do or die at this point.

Florida losing in the finals twice in a row would be pretty humiliating, I don’t think that cats are gonna let this one go easy. They should’ve learned their lesson, expecting one hell of a game tomorrow

Nogatco Rd

Translator spent all my SB cash
Apr 3, 2021
It's no surprise McDrai are out of gas, the Canucks forced them to be overplayed, and this was the predicted, inevitable outcome.

And they don't help themselves, expending as much energy whining to refs when they should be mentally preparing for the next puck drop. Sad and embarrassing all 'round - Bettman and Daly for the joke they have turned "officiating" (read: rigging games) into, the refs themselves for not having the integrity to call the rulebook and be held to account, and McDrai for playing that game.

As I said in the second round, win or lose the Canucks had a successful season and Tocchet would win the Adams, while the oil had been dealt a death blow. Holland will be gone, Knoblwhateveritsspelled will be gone by the end of next season, as will Drai soon to be followed by McDavid himself.

All courtesy of the Vancouver Canucks.

Sports is great entertainment, isn't it?
Hmm

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad