Value of: Scandella

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Is there a team that would be interested in acquiring him?

The Blues really need to get a better shutdown guy on the left side or better yet a two-way guy. Scandella’s contract gets in the way of doing that with our cap situation.

Presumably, Tarasenko is the guy moved to acquire that player.

I would guess these are off-season moves.

Scandella has a 7 team no trade list and makes $3.275M for the next two seasons following this one.

I am interested in hearing valuations and potential trade ideas.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Is there a team that would be interested in acquiring him?

The Blues really need to get a better shutdown guy on the left side or better yet a two-way guy. Scandella’s contract gets in the way of doing that with our cap situation.

Presumably, Tarasenko is the guy moved to acquire that player.

I would guess these are off-season moves.

Scandella has a 7 team no trade list and makes $3.275M for the next two seasons following this one.

I am interested in hearing valuations and potential trade ideas.

So he's more of a 3rd pair guy now?
What's his last 80 games or so look like?

EDIT - nvm, that contract is too much for FLA. That extra year is a deterrent.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
So he's more of a 3rd pair guy now?
What's his last 80 games or so look like?

EDIT - nvm, that contract is too much for FLA. That extra year is a deterrent.
I think it will be tricky to match a team that needs him and one that can afford him. He could be a #4 D in the right environment. With the construction of the Blues, he should be a 3rd pairing LHD. But our roster construction is a bit of a mess with a lot of odd ducks that only fit together in limited ways.

Reactions: southsider

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Your 1st + a solid prospect/2nd + Scandella

For

Chiarot retained to Scandellas salary (maybe more if we can afford to capwise)

Seems like the Habs are gonna rebuild, I'd say take him back then flip next deadline at 50% For 2 playoff runs to another team.

Reactions: McJedi and HabsQC

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012

For

Seems like the Habs are gonna rebuild, I'd say take him back then flip next deadline at 50% For 2 playoff runs to another team.
if you get that haul for chariot you could flip scandella before the trade deadline to . not getting that though

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule

For

I'd rather have Edmundson back than have Chiarot.

This is mainly because I just don't like Chiarot. So other Blues fans may have a difference in opinion than me.

Reactions: i aint Dunn yet

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Mikkola and Perunovich have been better. Plus removing Scandella gives the Blues cap space that can use for the trade deadline.
To acquire another defenseman. Mikkola has a couple decent games and everyone wants to pencil him in top 4. Let’s see if he has really figured out how to make simple passes before we bank on him. Peru is exciting but has been super sheltered.

I don’t think we know what our d is at this point. We have some key guys who haven’t played up to expectations and some younger guys who haven’t really established themselves to know what we can expect. I’d say Faulk and Borts are only 2 guys on d who have played to expectations that we can count on (assuming Faulk comes back from Covid no worse for wear).

I’m not saying Scandella is untouchable. I’d obviously deal him if someone offered enough. But my worry is if you deal him you are looking to acquire someone like chiarot who isn’t really much better, because you just created big hole on d.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
To acquire another defenseman. Mikkola has a couple decent games and everyone wants to pencil him in top 4. Let’s see if he has really figured out how to make simple passes before we bank on him. Peru is exciting but has been super sheltered.

I don’t think we know what our d is at this point. We have some key guys who haven’t played up to expectations and some younger guys who haven’t really established themselves to know what we can expect. I’d say Faulk and Borts are only 2 guys on d who have played to expectations that we can count on (assuming Faulk comes back from Covid no worse for wear).

I’m not saying Scandella is untouchable. I’d obviously deal him if someone offered enough. But my worry is if you deal him you are looking to acquire someone like chiarot who isn’t really much better, because you just created big hole on d.
Every defensemen we have has outplayed Scandella. Over the part 15 games there have been multiple instances where Scandella has botched a basic pass or basic defensive play that resulted in a goal against or close to. While trading Scandella does open a small hole, we have enough pieces to fill that hole after he's traded. Plus, cap hit is sorely needed currently. Remember the Blues have been forced to pay short 18 men the past two games. Trading Scandella would help the Blues combat any future Covid/injury issues by allowing the Blues to call up players when needed.

westc2

Nov 2, 2015
St. Louis, MO
Scandella is a near negative asset in my opinion. Out of Scandella, Parayko, Faulk, Krug, Mikkola, Walman, Perunovich, and Bortuzzo.....Scandella is easily the worst.

He's worth a league minimum contract at most and he's fine as 7th-8th d-man if you don't have any other options.

Maybe he'd have some minimum value to a rebuilding team that wants to add a veteran presence on the ice and isn't worried about the salary cap right now.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he cleared waivers though.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Scandella is a near negative asset in my opinion. Out of Scandella, Parayko, Faulk, Krug, Mikkola, Walman, Perunovich, and Bortuzzo.....Scandella is easily the worst.

He's worth a league minimum contract at most and he's fine as 7th-8th d-man if you don't have any other options.

Maybe he'd have some minimum value to a rebuilding team that wants to add a veteran presence on the ice and isn't worried about the salary cap right now.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he cleared waivers though.
You should try waivers before you attach an asset to move him. Maybe a team like Buffalo or Arizona bites.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
You should try waivers before you attach an asset to move him. Maybe a team like Buffalo or Arizona bites.

Buffalo has been down the Scandella road before. I doubt they nibble on that stale bit of toast again, even with a different regime in place.

Reactions: Gimli

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017

Scandella isn't as bad as some Blues fans make him out to be, he's just the designated whipping boy now that Sanford is gone and Krug is playing better than last year. There is 0 chance they will be giving him away or attaching an asset to move him.

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021

For

blue font?

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
Myers for Scandella + Sundqvist
I like Meyers more than most (maybe I just haven't seen enuff of him) but there's no way we could afford Meyers nor would I have any interest in attaching Sunny to trade him

like someone said before.. he's not nearly as bad as some blues fans make it sound. there's teams out there that NEED LHD that should be interested in him at some point

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
Myers for Scandella + Sundqvist
I like Meyers more than most (maybe I just haven't seen enuff of him) but there's no way we could afford Meyers nor would I have any interest in attaching Sunny to trade him

like someone said before.. he's not nearly as bad as some blues fans make it sound. there's teams out there that NEED LHD that should be interested in him at some point

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad