Proposal: Savard 50% retained to Oilers for '26 1st pick?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
I think OP read a post in the trade thread on the Oilers board and maybe mistook that we weren't saying this because it's a good idea.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I'm not even gonna question Savards worth being a 1st +. Habs fans on these boards always make the most outrageous valuations of their players at the deadline and somehow they are actually always f***ing right.
LOL, its uncanny.

If anyone proposed a 1st + for Chiarot or Harris for Laine + 2nd....

Hughes is a troll.

Or maybe Scintillating is Hughes?????

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Oilers can’t trade their 2026 first. It has a condition on it due to the Oilers trading into the first round of 2024, it’s either the 25 or 26 pick depending on if they want to give up the 25 pick after the season ends.

Besides, Bowman loves Connor Murphy. That’s who he’ll be going after to fill the right side second pairing D spot.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Oilers would be crazy to do that now. They need to lock up their core before risking a 1st.

I'm not even gonna question Savards worth being a 1st +. Habs fans on these boards always make the most outrageous valuations of their players at the deadline and somehow they are actually always f***ing right.
That's why we love our GM.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Oilers should be pursuing Justin Barron as a potential Broberg replacement. JB is a RHD and a year younger (than Broberg) and 1.15M caphit.

Can't see the Habs having room for Justin Barron with Mailloux and Reinbacher knocking on the door. Plus Justin is no longer waiver exempt.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
He will be on the list I'm sure. But we don't know who the sellers at the deadline will be. With NHL parity it will be very hard to know for sure

He would have been a great fit for this past run. He's still a very good defenseman who can score 20-30 points and play with anyone, on any pairing, in almost any role but the first PP. He's been a glue guy for the young players and stabilizes the pairing he's on. It's unfortunate Broberg is gone because they would have been a perfect pairing.

Savard has been nearly cooked for several years . Doesn’t seem like a good idea imo
Not even close.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
He would have been a great fit for this past run. He's still a very good defenseman who can score 30 points and play with anyone, on any pairing, in almost any role but the first PP. He's been a glue guy for the young players and stabilizes the pairing he's on. It's unfortunate Broberg is gone because they would have been a perfect pairing.

Not even close.
lol he got 30 pts once ; a decade ago . He’s now only a shell of his former defensive self. Which was where his true value lied ; the fact that you’re selling him as some offensive force makes it very difficult to take anything you say seriously . He’s not a good dman anymore . He plays an elevated role in a depleted d corp and doesn’t really handle it all that well .. not worth near a 1 st to me , maybe an incredibly desperate team that misses out on their prime target around the deadline circles back and improves their offer . Deadline deals can be silly sometimes ( see chariot) .

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
lol he got 30 pts once ; a decade ago . He’s now only a shell of his former defensive self. Which was where his true value lied ; the fact that you’re selling him as some offensive force makes it very difficult to take anything you say seriously . He’s not a good dman anymore . He plays an elevated role in a depleted d corp and doesn’t really handle it all that well .. not worth near a 1 st to me , maybe an incredibly desperate team that misses out on their prime target around the deadline circles back and improves their offer . Deadline deals can be silly sometimes ( see chariot) .

He was pacing for 30 points literally this past season. Saying he can score 30 points is not selling any player in any way as an offensive force, how did you even manage to interpret it that way ? The rest of this post is unreliable gibberish from someone who has no clue on how Savard has performed. He's still a reliable player and valued as such by the team.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Well it’s the Oil, a first isn’t out of the picture, lol. Shit, they might toss in Bouchard.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
He was pacing for 30 points literally this past season. Saying he can score 30 points is not selling any player in any way as an offensive force, how did you even manage to interpret it that way ? The rest of this post is unreliable gibberish from someone who has no clue on how Savard has performed. He's still a reliable player and valued as such by the team.
You clearly edited your post . You said “ you can count on him for 30 pts “ originally . That’s obviously not true ( as evidence you changed it from the above to 20 to 30 pts as you realized - albeit too late -how silly selling him as an offense asset was ) . He’s slow and bleeds offensive chances . It’s factual . Sorry to be the bearer of this bad news . 🤷‍♂️. Pacing for 30 ; lol . Take the L. I mean the guy had a 2 year stretch ( 2019 to 21 ) where he only scored 1 goal ; total.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Maybe Habs fan know hockey more than the average, who woulda thunk it. We're in the hockey mecca, we eati, sleepi and watchi hockey.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Oilers can’t trade their 2026 first. It has a condition on it due to the Oilers trading into the first round of 2024, it’s either the 25 or 26 pick depending on if they want to give up the 25 pick after the season ends.

Besides, Bowman loves Connor Murphy. That’s who he’ll be going after to fill the right side second pairing D spot.
Legit or are you just trying to will such a trade into existence? :)

I used to like him as a player but haven't watched many Chicago games lately. Does he still have anything left in the tank?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad