GDT: SAUNAMEN @ place where bears take a shit

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
The NHL's expansion into the south and its consequences have been a disaster for the hockey fan race. What was once a game built on tradition, sportsmanship and competition has now evolved into a circus act where organizations appeal to the lowest common denominator in the form of childish choreography, twitter wars, and roster moves worth millions of dollars that serve no purpose than to grab headlines.
Hockey is not made for the south, it's a game deeply rooted in northern culture where kids can spend the winter out in the wilderness slapping pucks around before tuning into Hockey Night in Canada and watching the Toronto Maple Leafs get fisted raw. What we have in the south is nothing short of a disgrace. Bible belt boomers whose only contact with the cold is the air conditioning of their mobility scooters have gripped our sport with an iron fist, uprooting our traditions and replacing them with free burgers when a player touches the puck and raising banners for going a week without someone in the crowd having a heart attack because of their diets consisting of honey butter biscuits and sweet tea.
The day hockey dies in the south is the day I gain my soul back.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I just said make a f***ing trade, and we got Kuz and Guentzel, so I think I was right.
Here’s my comments to the doom and gloomers since @Nikishin Go Boom was making accusations while being too lazy to look it up.
That’s completely your prerogative to be worried. I’m not.

Many on this board overreact to early season struggles. Just look at the GDT last November after the team had 2 wins in 10 games, and had just lost to AZ.

Canes have some things to fix, no doubt and need to get healthy. It may take longer than a few games, like it did last year, but I’m confident they’ll make the playoffs. As we saw with FLA last year and STL in 2018, I’d rather have the Canes peak in April/May/June than in oct/Nov.

You may end up being right, but you were convinced in November of last year that this wasn't a playoff team as well when they were playing poorly. Maybe they won't turn it around, but I'm willing to ride it out for a while.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Thinking i was making an accusation about you is so off base that i just kept rolling with it. I was pretty sure the eyebrow emoji would give away the joking tone. Oh well
One thing I’ve learned over the years is that you rarely have “joking” in your arsenal. If you played that card now, kudos to you and I accept that I was fooled and apologize for taking it seriously.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad