Sarnia Sting 2024 - 25 Season Thread, Part I

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Didn't get a chance to watch any action from the opening two games, but went to the pre-season loss in London the other week. Won't speak much on that as you know it was an underwhelming result and to be honest, I don't recall much lol. What i do recall is Brown being extremely good in that game. He got me excited for his progression this year. Think he's going to score a bit more than expected.

Bums me out to see Letang using big Bodin on PP1. I guess some things just never change :rolleyes:. Barr looked pretty damn good in that spot during the pre-season no? No brainer it should be Barr-Fischer....not rocket science coach, come on now. 1-1 opening weekend is a success however you look at it though. Well done.

As for my predictions for this year......

Finish - 6th
Leading Goal - Brown/Johnston (30 to 35 goals)
Leading PT - Johnston (we're fleecing LDN on this one, 80+ pts)
Surprise/Breakout - Barr (will have to do with coaching decisions)

Cheers:cheers:

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Didn't get a chance to watch any action from the opening two games, but went to the pre-season loss in London the other week. Won't speak much on that as you know it was an underwhelming result and to be honest, I don't recall much lol. What i do recall is Brown being extremely good in that game. He got me excited for his progression this year. Think he's going to score a bit more than expected.

Bums me out to see Letang using big Bodin on PP1. I guess some things just never change :rolleyes:. Barr looked pretty damn good in that spot during the pre-season no? No brainer it should be Barr-Fischer....not rocket science coach, come on now. 1-1 opening weekend is a success however you look at it though. Well done.

As for my predictions for this year......

Finish - 6th
Leading Goal - Brown/Johnston (30 to 35 goals)
Leading PT - Johnston (we're fleecing LDN on this one, 80+ pts)
Surprise/Breakout - Barr (will have to do with coaching decisions)

Cheers:cheers:
Yah if there's one thing that actually bothered me opening weekend it was the PP alignment change. Barr-Brown-Di Iorio had amazing chemistry on it in pre season.. obviously not vs OHL PK units but they seemed to have a few set plays & read off each other very well.. and in turn they clicked at an amazing clip.

Why in hell would u change it without letting them try it in the regular season? If u wanna make them PP2 & have Fischer/Wainwright/Karimov/Kostuch/Johnston as PP1 then fine, but no way they should've been split up.

Barr is easily the most naturally at running it..bodin has a big shot which is why he's on it, but that's all he can bring to it & it feels forced. Only slack I'll cut them is with Fischer Bodin Kostuch Karimov Johnston all not with the team until last week they probably got very few practice reps.

Very impressive debut weekend for Johnston. He was definitely our most dangerous F by a considerable margin. Was a quiet 2 games for Brown/Di Iorio/Doucette, but we gotta remember Brown is still 16 for another month & missed half his rookie yr & Di Iorio is 16. They will be overmatched some nights vs older teams.

SAG/FLT will be a good test this weekend..hopefully can split those & beat a rebuilding Soo team Sunday although last game of a teams first 3in3 is always tough.

Reactions: Ferda11

stingwagoner

Dec 31, 2023
Yah if there's one thing that actually bothered me opening weekend it was the PP alignment change. Barr-Brown-Di Iorio had amazing chemistry on it in pre season.. obviously not vs OHL PK units but they seemed to have a few set plays & read off each other very well.. and in turn they clicked at an amazing clip.

Why in hell would u change it without letting them try it in the regular season? If u wanna make them PP2 & have Fischer/Wainwright/Karimov/Kostuch/Johnston as PP1 then fine, but no way they should've been split up.

Barr is easily the most naturally at running it..bodin has a big shot which is why he's on it, but that's all he can bring to it & it feels forced. Only slack I'll cut them is with Fischer Bodin Kostuch Karimov Johnston all not with the team until last week they probably got very few practice reps.

Very impressive debut weekend for Johnston. He was definitely our most dangerous F by a considerable margin. Was a quiet 2 games for Brown/Di Iorio/Doucette, but we gotta remember Brown is still 16 for another month & missed half his rookie yr & Di Iorio is 16. They will be overmatched some nights vs older teams.

SAG/FLT will be a good test this weekend..hopefully can split those & beat a rebuilding Soo team Sunday although last game of a teams first 3in3 is always tough.

Clearly issues with Letangs's selections for lines.(think jeffery does PP)
Just doesn't see players strengths. As been my issue with him since he came.

Need to put (but wont because filak is 20 and letang will have him on 1st line but isnt best pines we can have
Doucette wainwright Johnston
Brown di iorio karimov
Filak Edward's kostuch
Moses leuke franchesschetti

Pp1 doucette wainwright Johnston filak barr
Pp1 brown di iorio karimov kostuch young

Or swap young and barr but those are our 2 best offensive D let's use them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad