Prospect Info: San Jose Sharks Askarov Prospect Ranking Poll

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Where does Askarov belong?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

coooldude

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2007
He’s 5 at best and he’s not the best goalie prospect in the NHL. I’d put that on Wallstedt with the wild. I’d also say wolf and Levi are ahead of him
Not everyone has to agree with this, but we should realistically be acknowledging this. There is an argument that he's a top 5 prospect not top 1. Top 1 by athletic skill and ceiling? Very arguably. But Wallstedt has the consistency and temperament that also looks elite. Askarov is the (Roy/Binnington/Belfour/Fleury/maybe Brodeur or Tim Thomas or Miller to a lesser extent) super talented big personality big performance swings goalie who can win you a cup and also help you miss the playoffs.

I personally probably put him as #2 prospect behind Wallstedt. But he's super exciting.

EDIT: interview with Speer pulls back the curtain a little on Grier's management style. He had Speer, Nabby, and Miller write up three separate independent reports on Askarov and probably a few others. Then ran with it himself. Again, confidence inducing. No group think about the prospect. (Paywall)

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad