• Artem Guryev

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eli Barnett

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
I have to go with Emberson. By my "analysis", with no surprises either way, Emberson is a #4-5 defenseman. Feels like the competition here has more upside but with a much lower floor (Halttunen) or a similar upside but is less proven (Edstrom, Thrun, Graf).

Reactions: Sandisfan

mogambomoroo

Sponsor
Oct 12, 2020
Edström will surprise some people, I've had him since #5 prospect. I just see him being a more sure thing than Bystedt or even Chernyshov. He could be our 2C but because of Will Smith, he will be a high caliber 3C which is one of those good problems.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Edström will surprise some people, I've had him since #5 prospect. I just see him being a more sure thing than Bystedt or even Chernyshov. He could be our 2C but because of Will Smith, he will be a high caliber 3C which is one of those good problems.
Sounds like he'll be the "roster player looking for more opportunity" who is traded for the asset the Sharks need.

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
So now we got Secondary Smith and Tertiary Edstrom!!

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
He is under rookie status age, and only 30 games played in his career what is he then?
Dunno. Just seems weird to me. He’s 24, already on his third team, traded once as a contract for a cap dump and already claimed off waivers. Only played 30 games because he can’t stay healthy. Seems like he’s more in the reclamation project portion of his career than prospect.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
It's funny that Halttunen is gonna be the runner up for 6, 7, and 8 with how this poll is going
I think at the end of the day the thing that prevents him from being picked is the knowledge his floor is probably way lower than the others.

Reactions: Cas

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
I think at the end of the day the thing that prevents him from being picked is the knowledge his floor is probably way lower than the others.
Yeah. Seems like a >50% chance he isn't even an NHLer, and even if he is an NHLer it's likely as the empty-calorie type.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Yeah. Seems like a >50% chance he isn't even an NHLer, and even if he is an NHLer it's likely as the empty-calorie type.
I dunno if I see it like that. I think if he makes the NHL it's because he's got a great shot and could end up being a perennial 30-35 goal scorer. That's the ceiling. The floor however is Cody Glass.

Sleeper Shark

Jun 28, 2018
Antarctica
Not saying I know a ton about these prospects outside of draft reports, but I was mildly surprised to see that I was the only vote so far for LSW.

Given that his pedigree is actually quite good, is a puck mover from the backend. IIRC scouts think his ceiling is #3, #4 type.

May be that he would be the most important prospect to hit out of anyone left on this list, no?

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
Not saying I know a ton about these prospects outside of draft reports, but I was mildly surprised to see that I was the only vote so far for LSW.

Given that his pedigree is actually quite good, is a puck mover from the backend. IIRC scouts think his ceiling is #3, #4 type.

May be that he would be the most important prospect to hit out of anyone left on this list, no?
Simply speaks to the depth and talent in the Sharks' system now, which is very exciting. I mean, for someone of Halttunen's ability to drop to #9 is really saying something.

Plus Sahlin Wallenius, while he does have a nice pedigree, isn't exactly an exciting prospect yet, since his projection looks to be as a very solid all-around defenseman who won't put up a lot of points. Valuable, yes; exciting, not so much.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario

Probably hurts that he isn't playing in the mens league and isn't projected to next year either.

Reactions: Sleeper Shark

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011

I don't think he's shown enough as an undersized defenseman yet. If you kinda look at Cagnoni and Havelid as previous examples, you have one who is struggling and one who is doing well but regardless of their statistical performance, neither of them really project that well to the next level yet and I'd say that it's just too early to judge LSW as anything but a gamble right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad