GDT: San Diego Gulls 2020/2021 (continuous)

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Zegras was less noticable than usual. He has fallen to only 1 point (secondary assist) in last 2 games :laugh:

Meanwhile, did Drysdale even stepped off the ice? He seemed to be on the ice at all times, sad that the AHL doesn't track the ice time.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Zegras was less noticable than usual. He has fallen to only 1 point (secondary assist) in last 2 games :laugh:

Meanwhile, did Drysdale even stepped off the ice? He seemed to be on the ice at all times, sad that the AHL doesn't track the ice time.

Drysdale was excellent last night, dude was flying, had that one bad pinch but the forward not sure who it was, didn’t expect it. Zegras had some great set up plays which some resulted from him playing defense in his own zone and was able to transition into a scoring chance. That is a very good sign right there. I’m used to just dump it out of the D-zone and hope it doesn’t get iced, lol. I thought Z got better as the game went on.

Lettieri had an impressive game, and could have easily had a hat -trick because of Zegras’ passes.

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Drysdale was excellent last night, dude was flying, had that one bad pinch but the forward not sure who it was, didn’t expect it. Zegras had some great set up plays which some resulted from him playing defense in his own zone and was able to transition into a scoring chance. That is a very good sign right there. I’m used to just dump it out of the D-zone and hope it doesn’t get iced, lol. I thought Z got better as the game went on.

Lettieri had an impressive game, and could have easily had a hat -trick because of Zegras’ passes.
Wasn't a pinch, it was a rush, and I don't think the forward had much reason to expect that pass given how quickly Drysdale was zipping through the neutral zone. For it to work it would have had to be a very quick give and go but I don't think that was a set play or anything, it was something Drysdale invented on the fly.

Point is, I don't think it was a good play. It was a neutral zone giveaway and it led to a goal against, but it showcased a lot of things that are really impressive about Drysdale nonetheless. He's very Niedermayer-y when he gets rolling, just stepping around guys like they're not there. And it was a creative play, even if it was the wrong call.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Wasn't a pinch, it was a rush, and I don't think the forward had much reason to expect that pass given how quickly Drysdale was zipping through the neutral zone. For it to work it would have had to be a very quick give and go but I don't think that was a set play or anything, it was something Drysdale invented on the fly.

Point is, I don't think it was a good play. It was a neutral zone giveaway and it led to a goal against, but it showcased a lot of things that are really impressive about Drysdale nonetheless. He's very Niedermayer-y when he gets rolling, just stepping around guys like they're not there. And it was a creative play, even if it was the wrong call.

Yeah you are correct was a rush he was in the neutral zone still. But yeah I do agree he is showing his skating ability and has been impressive. Really good things to look forward to with both Drysdale and Zegras showing what they can do now on the pro level. It’s been only 4 games but still.

SmokeyDuck

Jul 27, 2010
Anaheim, CA
I still cannot believe the Sens took Sanderson over that kid

A lot to be determined but I felt that was a huge mistake for them on draft day and think it might look worse now

Lucky us
Same, though don't say that on the main board unless you want to debate with a bunch of sens fans lol

Reactions: Boo Boo

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

A lot to be determined but I felt that was a huge mistake for them on draft day and think it might look worse now

Lucky us
Eh i think the sens needed more of what Sanderson brings to the table in the future, than what drysdale brings.

I think both will end up being really good nhl dmen... drysdale more similer to a duncan keith type and sanderson more of a Suter type.

I actually like what the sens have going forward on the back end. Good mix of size and skating ability.

Oct 18, 2011

Lucky us
Even our staff viewed both very equally, it's way too soon to say who will be better. Sanderson is more of a project than Drysdale, so let's wait a few years.
This is how I feel about Sanderson, he has an interesting skill set but is a project. Drysdale is on the smaller side but it is quickly apparent how talented he is, and how well his game could translate he just doesn't have the physically imposing potential like Sanderson...but Sanderson while mobile doesn't have that next level skating ability that JD has

I just want to see JD keep playing with aggression, I don't want us turning him into a "safe" player, the kid is smart enough he will learn to balance it, I feel that was one of our big mistakes with Fowler spending so much time under RC, and trying to make him into a "Safe" guy. Rookie Fowler was a very dynamic player and it feels like we just sucked all that out of him and now he is what he is

Baaaaaaaaaaaaah

Sponsor
Aug 16, 2015

He could have easily had 5 assists last night. His teammates could not convert on grade A scoring chances.

Baaaaaaaaaaaaah

Sponsor
Aug 16, 2015
If that's his worst game then he's going to be a damn good pro. His standstill passes alone are going to create massive scoring opportunities in the NHL.

Reactions: KickHisAssZegrass

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
He could have easily had 5 assists last night. His teammates could not convert on grade A scoring chances.
Not sure about five but I agree with this sentiment overall. I’m not sure Zegras, as a playmaker, will put up huge numbers with the line mates he has

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
He got ''demoted'' to the 2nd line for what it's worth. I saw some great plays by him, but overall I was really sleepy over the game and did not notice much from him (or anyone else for that matter :laugh: )

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
Crazy how our fresh first rounder is playing number 1 pk right out of the draft

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad