Prospect Info: Samkow Memorial HFCBJ 2024 Summer Prospect Rankings: #9

Which of these 5 prospects is best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009
Vote for the best prospect from the above poll (listed alphabetically) and post who you think should be added from the full (remaining) list below. Criteria is that they are under 25 and haven't spent the majority of a season in the NHL.

There are no set guidelines to determine how you vote. Peak potential, likelihood of NHL career, pathway to playing time, expectations based on draft status -- any/all of these can be used at your discretion. There is no right/wrong way to vote.

The list so far:
1. Cayden Lindstrom (C)
2. Denton Mateychuk (LD)
3. David Jiricek (RD)
4. Gavin Brindley (C/RW)
5. Charlie Elick (RD)
6. Jordan Dumais (RW)
7. Jet Greaves (G)
8. Stanislav Svozil (LD)

Select your add from the list below:
Luke Ashton (LD)
Ole Julian Bjorgvik-Holm (LD)
Cameron Butler (RW)
Cole Clayton (RD)
Kirill Dolzhenkov (RW)
James Fisher (RW/MOD)
Evan Gardner (G)
Tanner Henricks (RD)
Aidan Hreschuk (LD)
Oiva Keskinen (C)
Samuel Knazko (LD)
Nolan Lalonde (G)
Nikolai Makarov (LD)
Luca Marrelli (RD)
Max McCue (C)
Hunter McKown (C)
Tyler Peddle (C)
Luca Pinelli (C)
Mikael Pyyhtia (LW)
Guillaume Richard (LD)
Martin Rysavy (LW)
Melvin Strahl (G)
Andrew Strathman (LD)

Added: Corson Ceulemans (RD)

Add votes so far (as of Doggy):
Gardner - 6
Keskinen - 5
Richard - 3
Pinelli - 2
Dolzhenkov - 1
Marrelli - 1
Fisher - 1
Knazko - 1

Last edited by a moderator:

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Add Gardner - I was first on him and first off, so I'm coming back to try and get this kid on the list (below) where he deserves. This should in no way be taken as a change in my stance on James Fisher.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Can't believe a guy who couldn't crack the AHL lineup got added this early. Perhaps a dilution of add votes was the issue - six different prospects have received add votes in this poll, for example.
Not trying to defend him, but they were deep on the blue line and it was very clear he was more upside and a long way from a finished product. Considered a tools guy but the toolbox wasn't necessarily available. I think we'll actually know more about him this year with a thinned defensive core in Cleveland.

And not trying to compare but if you (not you, but general "you") recall, LDBB said the CBJ had a plan for him and that included watching AHL games from the press box when he got to the AHL. They weren't as deep at forward as they were on defense but I wouldn't be surprised if Ceulemans wasn't given the same speech but with more time off. Just a thought.

If he doesn't show a big step this year, then I think the ship may have sailed but he just turned 21 in May. Not old by any stretch and still has a chance to pull it together. I mean right shot, size, skating, willing to throw the body and jump in the play... just hasn't figured out how to do it efficiently and at the right times.

Then again... I could be way off base on this one.

Reactions: Doggy

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Not trying to defend him, but they were deep on the blue line and it was very clear he was more upside and a long way from a finished product. Considered a tools guy but the toolbox wasn't necessarily available. I think we'll actually know more about him this year with a thinned defensive core in Cleveland.

And not trying to compare but if you (not you, but general "you") recall, LDBB said the CBJ had a plan for him and that included watching AHL games from the press box when he got to the AHL. They weren't as deep at forward as they were on defense but I wouldn't be surprised if Ceulemans wasn't given the same speech but with more time off. Just a thought.

If he doesn't show a big step this year, then I think the ship may have sailed but he just turned 21 in May. Not old by any stretch and still has a chance to pull it together. I mean right shot, size, skating, willing to throw the body and jump in the play... just hasn't figured out how to do it efficiently and at the right times.

Then again... I could be way off base on this one.

I don't think he has much of a chance and that's from watching how he played last year. And his scratches weren't just a development strategy like with LDBB. Ceulemans needs games, he just wasn't good.

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009
Just for fun, here are the only prospects I would have under Ceulemans (sorry DSL)
Ole Julian Bjorgvik-Holm (LD)
Cameron Butler (RW)
James Fisher (RW/MOD)
Luke Ashton (RD)
Aidan Hreschuk (LD)
Nolan Lalonde (G)
Tyler Peddle (C)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad