Prospect Info: Samkow Memorial HFCBJ 2024 Summer Prospect Rankings: #5

Which of these 5 prospects is best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Vote for the best prospect from the above poll (listed alphabetically) and post who you think should be added from the full (remaining) list below. Criteria is that they are under 25 and haven't spent the majority of a season in the NHL.

There are no set guidelines to determine how you vote. Peak potential, likelihood of NHL career, pathway to playing time, expectations based on draft status -- any/all of these can be used at your discretion. There is no right/wrong way to vote.

The list so far:
1. Cayden Lindstrom (C)
2. Denton Mateychuk (LD)
3. David Jiricek (RD)
4. Gavin Brindley (C/RW)

Select your add from the list below:
Luke Ashton (LD)
Ole Julian Bjorgvik-Holm (LD)
Cameron Butler (RW)
Corson Ceulemans (RD)
Cole Clayton (RD)
Luca Del Bel Belluz (C)
Kirill Dolzhenkov (RW)
James Fisher (RW/MOD)
Evan Gardner (G)
Tanner Henricks (RD)
Aidan Hreschuk (LD)
Sergei Ivanov (G)
Oiva Keskinen (C)
Samuel Knazko (LD)
Nolan Lalonde (G)
Nikolai Makarov (LD)
Luca Marrelli (RD)
Max McCue (C)
Hunter McKown (C)
Tyler Peddle (C)
Luca Pinelli (C)
Mikael Pyyhtia (LW)
Guillaume Richard (LD)
Martin Rysavy (LW)
Melvin Strahl (G)
Andrew Strathman (LD)
William Whitelaw (C)

Added:
Stanislav Svozil (LD)

add votes so far (as of cslebn):
Ivanov - 14
LDBB - 10
Gardner - 1

Last edited:

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
I voted Elick, it sounds like he's not an expected offensive force but what he does so, he does extremely well: defend, block shots, clear crease and hit people...an excellent skater. Like a Gavrikov or Savard but better skater? I would assume he has a very good chance of hitting close to his ceiling which would be a defensive beast top four pairing. I'd take that over a Jack of All Trades - Master of None. And there might be guys with higher ceilings on this list but I don't necessarily have the confidence they are going to reach their ceiling.

From everything I have read about him, I really like this pick in the second round.

Add LDBB: getting ready for him to ave a breakout season in Cleveland this year. With some of the veterans having been moved out, LDBB is going to get his opportunity to shine.

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
Elick is the furture partner of either Werenski or Mateychuk, so him.

Edited to add: I am not a Dumais believer, and Malatesta is a fourth-liner. Elick projects above that, so that is why I choose him over them.

Add LDBB.

Last edited:
Reactions: Doggy

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009
Haven’t decided on my vote yet, but add LDBB

Edit: decided on Malatesta. Was down to him or Dumais.

Last edited:

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
I voted Elick, it sounds like he's not an expected offensive force but what he does so, he does extremely well: defend, block shots, clear crease and hit people...an excellent skater. Like a Gavrikov or Savard but better skater?

The thing is the Wheat Kings have not asked him to be an offensive force. They have asked him to focus on defense. I expect more offense from him this season. He is never going to be an offensive dynamo, but I think a meaner Gavrikov who skates better and has a little more offense is likely.

Add Del Bel Belluz.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Voting Dumais based on upside. Dumais had a rough season, on and off the ice, but if he can move past it then he should have a good season in Cleveland. Malatesta, nor Elick have the same upside although I’m excited about both.

Add Ivanov

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I voted Elick, it sounds like he's not an expected offensive force but what he does so, he does extremely well: defend, block shots, clear crease and hit people...an excellent skater. Like a Gavrikov or Savard but better skater? I would assume he has a very good chance of hitting close to his ceiling which would be a defensive beast top four pairing. I'd take that over a Jack of All Trades - Master of None. And there might be guys with higher ceilings on this list but I don't necessarily have the confidence they are going to reach their ceiling.

From everything I have read about him, I really like this pick in the second round.

Add LDBB: getting ready for him to ave a breakout season in Cleveland this year. With some of the veterans having been moved out, LDBB is going to get his opportunity to shine.
Elick is the furture partner of either Werenski or Mateychuk, so him.

Add LDBB.
This.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad