Prospect Info: Samkow Memorial HFCBJ 2024 Summer Prospect Rankings: #19

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which of these 5 prospects is best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Vote for the best prospect from the above poll (listed alphabetically) and post who you think should be added from the full (remaining) list below. Criteria is that they are under 25 and haven't spent the majority of a season in the NHL.

There are no set guidelines to determine how you vote. Peak potential, likelihood of NHL career, pathway to playing time, expectations based on draft status -- any/all of these can be used at your discretion. There is no right/wrong way to vote.

The list so far:
1. Cayden Lindstrom (C)
2. Denton Mateychuk (LD)
3. David Jiricek (RD)
4. Gavin Brindley (C/RW)
5. Charlie Elick (RD)
6. Jordan Dumais (RW)
7. Jet Greaves (G)
8. Stanislav Svozil (LD)
9. Sergei Ivanov (G)
10. James Malatesta (LW)
11. Luca Del Bel Belluz (C)
12. Evan Gardner (G)
13. William Whitelaw (C)
14. Kirill Dolzhenkov (RW)
15. Oiva Keskinen (C)
16. Corson Ceulemans (D)
17. Guillaume Richard (LD)
18. Luca Marrelli (RD)

This is the last add vote. After this there will be no more adds.

Select your add from the list below:
Luke Ashton (LD)
Ole Julian Bjorgvik-Holm (LD)
Cameron Butler (RW)
Cole Clayton (RD)
James Fisher (RW/MOD)
Aidan Hreschuk (LD)
Samuel Knazko (LD)
Nolan Lalonde (G)
Max McCue (C)
Tyler Peddle (C)
Mikael Pyyhtia (LW)
Martin Rysavy (LW)
Melvin Strahl (G)

Added:
1724762310280.png

Tanner Henricks (RD)

Add votes so far (as of koteka):
Fisher - 4
Ashton - 3
Pyyhtia - 2
Knazko - 2
McCue - 1

Last edited:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Pinelli, add Fisher.

Also recording DSL's presumptive vote. (And here I thought I'd be able to let him speak for himself again. Oh well.)

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
The real meme in this year's polls was Marrelli barely making it in the top-18. It's so outrageous that this season I'm probably going to refer to him as "the 18th best CBJ prospect" every time he has a multi-point night and multi-game point streak in OHL (and if he gets invited to Canada's WJC camp).

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
The real meme in this year's polls was Marrelli barely making it in the top-18. It's so outrageous that this season I'm probably going to refer to him as "the 18th best CBJ prospect" every time he has a multi-point night and multi-game point streak in OHL (and if he gets invited to Canada's WJC camp).
Pinelli still has a chance of ending up completely unranked. I'm pretty sure that trumps it.

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009
Then he’ll massively rise up the rankings next year and you get to say how smart you were.

Win/win

Reactions: ThirdPeriodTurtle

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Serious question:

Is the reason people look forward to these polls every offseason the opportunity to complain that we here don't know anything about prospects? Is our conversation here so focused on proving that "I'm" smarter than "everyone else" that the polls are an ideal spot to bolster "my" fan-scout bona fides?

Last edited:
Reactions: Xoggz22

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Serious question:

Is the reason people look forward to these polls every offseason the opportunity to complain that we here don't know anything about prospects? Is our conversation here so focused on proving that "I'm" smarter than "everyone else" that the polls are an ideal spot to bolster "my" fan-scout bona fides?
I think that's just the easiest route to participation in the discussion. I find it helpful for the same reason I find most disagreement with me helpful - obliges me to double-check my assumptions.

...that said, in a couple of days when I post the wrap-up we'll undoubtedly get to revisit the whole "wait a sec, why don't you have a list for 2014" thing again... :)

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Incidentally, I'm starting to total up all the add votes for folks who have yet to be added (for the final wrap-up on Saturday), and at this moment James Fisher has more "add" votes than all the other as-yet-unadded prospects combined. (32 to 27, including add votes in this thread so far).

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Incidentally, I'm starting to total up all the add votes for folks who have yet to be added (for the final wrap-up on Saturday), and at this moment James Fisher has more "add" votes than all the other as-yet-unadded prospects combined. (32 to 27, including add votes in this thread so far).

STOP THE COUNT

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad