Prospect Info: Samkow Memorial HFCBJ 2024 Summer Prospect Rankings: #1

Which of these 5 prospects is best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Welcome, HFCBJ, to the annual prospect polls, in which we strive toward a common goal, compiling our varied perspectives to make a thing that truly belongs to... enh, whatever.

Here's the general plan for anyone who's new or forgotten how this works:
Vote for the best prospect from the above poll (listed alphabetically) and post who you think should be added from the full (remaining) list below. Criteria is that they are under 25 and haven't spent the majority of a season in the NHL. Y(This criteria may not match any particular service's/outlet's, or anyone's here who makes a list. Be that as it may...) es, there was some discussion on the inclusion of a few key young players, and this is the list we've arrived at.

Notes:
1) We've made every effort to have the full prospect list as accurate as possible. If you have quibbles with the list, or if you feel like we've left someone off, please shoot me a PM and we'll see if it needs to be fixed. "Graduates" from last year's list, and players no longer in the organization, include:
Tyler Angle (C) (unranked)
Ben Boyd (C) (unranked)
Jacob Christiansen (D) (#19)
Joshua Dunne (C) (unranked)
Adam Fantilli (C) (#1)
Trey Fix-Wolansky (RW) (HM)
Robbie Stucker (RD) (HM)
Daniil Tarasov (G) (#9)
Calvin Thurkauf (C/LW) (unranked)
Dmitri Voronkov (C) (#4)

2) There are no set guidelines to determine how you vote. Peak potential, likelihood of NHL career, pathway to playing time, expectations based on draft status -- any/all of these can be used at your discretion. There is no right/wrong way to vote.

3) There was some discussion on the first five. That said, we didn't fuss too much about it because you all can "fix" it in the add voting. Those five don't have to be the top five, if we get a player added and then enough posters vote for him in the subsequent poll.

4) Each poll is open for two days. We will do our best to keep these going with a fresh poll every other day, but pre-apologies if we miss one here or there, or opt to delay one over a Sunday or something like that.

Select your add from the list below (again, please let me know if there are corrections).
Luke Ashton (LD)
Ole Julian Bjorgvik-Holm (LD)
Cameron Butler (RW)
Corson Ceulemans (RD)
Cole Clayton (RD)
Luca Del Bel Belluz (C)
Kirill Dolzhenkov (RW)
Jordan Dumais (RW)
James Fisher (RW/MOD)
Evan Gardner (G)
Jet Greaves (G)
Tanner Henricks (RD)
Aidan Hreschuk (LD)
Sergei Ivanov (G)
Oiva Keskinen (C)
Samuel Knazko (LD)
Nolan Lalonde (G)
Nikolai Makarov (LD)
James Malatesta (LW)
Luca Marrelli (RD)
Max McCue (C)
Hunter McKown (C)
Tyler Peddle (C)
Luca Pinelli (C)
Mikael Pyyhtia (LW)
Guillaume Richard (LD)
Martin Rysavy (LW)
Melvin Strahl (G)
Andrew Strathman (LD)
Stanislav Svozil (LD)
William Whitelaw (C)

Add votes (as of cannonfire ):
Greaves - 7
Malatesta - 7
Dumais - 9
Pinelli - 1
Ivanov - 2
Svozil - 2
LDBB - 1

Last edited by a moderator:

Aaaarrgghh

Jul 17, 2022
Jiricek, add Ivanov.

EDIT: I didn't even realise that Jiricek was an option at first.

cbjthrowaway

Jul 4, 2020
lindstrom, add dumais

shocked at some of the names being mentioned ahead of dumais here tbh

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
Hip injury scares me, but I have him to add after Malatesta personally
For me it's not so much the injury, he's been playing with it for awhile. It's does he that next gear or that "it" factor to make it in in NHL. He's either going to breakout and become a star in the NHL or forever stuck in the AHL like TFW.

Reactions: majormajor

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Assuming back holds up I took Lindstrom. Add Maletesta. I don't see Greaves becoming a #1 G so that drops him a bit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad