Same crap different year: scoring

Status
Not open for further replies.

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
In case you missed it the Kings are built for the playoffs, big fast wingers that stress the opposing team defence a dominate goalie and gritty scoring forwards with a touch of flash Carter, Kopitar,and Williams. I can see Blues fans being bitter at a far superior team that smacked around the Note 2 years in a row but take off the blinders and you will see what everyone else in the NHL sees.

You must have missed the Hawks domination of the Kings last year in the playoffs.

Halak Ness Monster

Nov 11, 2010
St. Louis, MO
There's not a whole lot that seperates the Blues and the Kings. We have players that can play at a high level, we have a defense corps that can play against the top teams and we have goaltending that can hold the pipes down.

What separates the Blues and Kings is that they have Anze Kopitar and Jeff Carter and we don't.

You need high impact difference makers in the playoffs. Not a great bottom 6.

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
I believe that Kings team could have played against any team in the history of the NHL and won. They were as unstoppable as any team in any sport I've ever watched.

If they truly were that good, you would have seen them have more success before and after that 2 month run.

Their lack of elite success other than during that period suggests that the 2 month run was more the result of randomness than a truly elite team.

superblues

:sarcasm: implied
Oct 29, 2011
i believe the blues are 3rd in the league in scoring, and 3rd in goals against. they can't score 5 goals a game and have a shutout every game. sure there are bouts where we can't score and give up some goals, but i believe in this team.

The folly with this line of thinking is that the Blues are riding their own coat tails from a very productive start of the season. The scoring stats from roughly the first half of the season are in contrast with those from the second half. I don't have my spreadsheet handy, but the Blues started the season scoring an average of almost 4 goal per game. Now they're down around 2. The Blues season can be roughly divided into thirds, a really strong start (thank you, Steen), a slow and steady offensive decline, and a weak finish. Using stats over the whole season doesn't tell an accurate story of where the team is now.

Yoko Ono*

I disagree.

The Kings don't score enough to be a "perfect" team.

The one year they won the cup they rode a .946 Quick save % to victory, and beating some subpar teams in the process.

THey' haven't been a serious contender any other year.

One of those subpar teams was the Blues? :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad