Value of: Sam Reinhart

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
Not trading a young guy who is near PPG over the the past ~35 games for an older player when we are rebuilding.

Not much interest in moving him at all unless he lands us a young top-4 D AND we get one of Svechnikov/Zadina in the draft.

Reactions: Rasmi and Zeb

staalgood

Jan 13, 2014
Raleigh, NC
Maybe Justin Faulk? Even though Faulk has had a down year, I would think Reinhart's struggles would mean something would have to be added given the value of scoring RHD.

Weiss1604

Mar 27, 2017
Wales
Maybe Justin Faulk? Even though Faulk has had a down year, I would think Reinhart's struggles would mean something would have to be added given the value of scoring RHD.
What are these struggles you speak of ? The same could be said of Faulk . Just wanna say I am no Sabres fan but really dislike when people put players down to exaggerate their own selfish wants & needs . Think it's a very underhand strategy , shame on you.

Reactions: umbertovanek

staalgood

Jan 13, 2014
Raleigh, NC
What are these struggles you speak of ? The same could be said of Faulk . Just wanna say I am no Sabres fan but really dislike when people put players down to exaggerate their own selfish wants & needs . Think it's a very underhand strategy , shame on you.
You think Reinhart has lived up to his #2 selection? He's not even been playing center, even when Eichel was out of the lineup. And I admitted that Faulk was having a down year. Don't try to preach to me about being underhanded, you are way off base.

Reactions: Cane mutiny

nickdawg95

scoutdawg
Jan 7, 2016
You think Reinhart has lived up to his #2 selection? He's not even been playing center, even when Eichel was out of the lineup. And I admitted that Faulk was having a down year. Don't try to preach to me about being underhanded, you are way off base.
reinhart has progressed every year since he's been drafted, I'm not worried about him

Reactions: bert

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Incoming: a bunch of low ball offers from fans who don't watch Reinhart but imagine he's struggling.

We have like 5 good players. Sam is one of them, and he's consistently getting better. He shouldn't be going anywhere, barring someone calling up and offering something stupid for him.

Weiss1604

Mar 27, 2017
Wales
That's a very poor look your giving off , if i was you i'd concentrate on being better & not looking like a hater of young talented athelets , it's indefensible . Now that's preaching!! Some people .....

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
For a top-4 defenseman, preferably a RHD.
Er. No. Top 4 defencemen generally carry a lot more weight then a top 9 forward. Buffalo would have to take a bad contract and/or or send a solid prospect to get a true top 4 for Reinhart.

staalgood

Jan 13, 2014
Raleigh, NC
That's a very poor look your giving off , if i was you i'd concentrate on being better & not looking like a hater of young talented athelets , it's indefensible . Now that's preaching!! Some people .....
How am I hating on young talent? I said something else would probably have to be included with Reinhart to get Faulk because a goal scoring RHD has more value than a winger that isn't setting the league on fire. If you don't agree with that, I guess you have the right to your opinion. Some people indeed!

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
Thinking out loud here (not from either fanbase), but what about something around reinhart and klefbom

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Reinhart would have more value if he could be counted on to be a C. He definitely has value, but I don't think BUF fans will be bowled over by the offers, especially compared to what their expectations were of him a couple of years ago.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Reinhart isn't bad at all, and from the right team, with the right situation, I can see him landing a decent top 4 D. But I don't think he's going to return a YOUNG established top 4 D. Those guys have more value than a 40ishpt scoring winger.

MagnumForce2

Dec 16, 2011
I really don't want to trade him. Depending on how the hockey draft gods treat us we could end up drafting an early Defenseman. If they are good to us. we get pick 1 and if they aren't, we will get pick 4 or 5 depending on where we finish in the standings which would put us in position to draft a D man.

Last edited by a moderator:

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
Reinhart struggles so much, he only just scored three goals against arguably the best defense in the league.

Reactions: Myers888

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
His first half of the year was terrible.

His second half he has 20 goals the last 40 games.

Perhaps it took time to adapt to a new system.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad