Rumor: Sam Reinhart extension

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Laugher is the language of inferior minds.

It’s simple.

Everyone thinks every ufa is overpaid. This is silly. The difference is that no tax over paid players get 12.5% aav. Overpayed high tax players get 14.5%

Your subjective view of market value has no bearing on the market. And still no one can show me an outlier contract that makes 14% aav
How many >= 14.5% players are in the NHL right now?

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I’m sure you were a panthers fan back then..

I’ve been watching their games on and off since 2013->

& I was here for all the laughs at Bob/Yandle/Ekblad contracts

Bob’s contract was crowned as the worst in the league and now that they won it’s proof of the tax benefits Florida is receiving..
You can’t have it both ways

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
If he signs for less than 10 lol@Toronto paying nylander 11+. Reinhart scored the cup winning goal for crying out loud.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
I’ve been watching their games on and off since 2013->

& I was here for all the laughs at Bob/Yandle/Ekblad contracts

Bob’s contract was crowned as the worst in the league and now that they won it’s proof of the tax benefits Florida is receiving..
You can’t have it both ways

This is a false dichotomy made on no information.

1.) you and random posters crowning a contract the worst in the league is irrelevant. It’s like a made up poll. It has NO bearing on actual contracts or the clear advantage that has been openly acknowledged

2.) if you believe that Florida had to overpay for players. Why have NONE of their contracts ever got to the standard 14%
???? Kind of odd

They had to over pay. But they still paid less???

“I decided that Lower contracts were more of an overpay therefore all the agents. Gms. Players. Media. And accountants are lying” is bizzare

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
This is a false dichotomy made on no information.

1.) you and random posters crowning a contract the worst in the league is irrelevant. It’s like a made up poll. It has NO bearing on actual contracts or the clear advantage that has been openly acknowledged

2.) if you believe that Florida had to overpay for players. Why have NONE of their contracts ever got to the standard 14%
???? Kind of odd

They had to over pay. But they still paid less???

“I decided that Lower contracts were more of an overpay therefore all the agents. Gms. Players. Media. And accountants are lying” is bizzare
:cry:

When did 14% become the standard?

Reactions: I am not exposed

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
I wonder if NBA and NFL boards complain about this as much as people here do.

They don’t have triple hard cap systems.

I wonder if people in Prague complain about hurricanes?

:cry:

When did 14% become the standard?

When star players like. Karlsson. Panarin. Price. Kopitar. Doughty. Thornton. Marleau. Perry. Tavares. All took around 14% in high tax markets. 14% is the established ball park standard. Friedman literally said it on 32 thoughts like last week

You have done literally zero research to educate yourself on contracts around the league.

It was the market standard pre Covid. We will see what the new standard is. But it will definitely be more in high tax markets

Last edited:

Pablo El Perro

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
They don’t have triple hard cap systems.

I wonder if people in Prague complain about hurricanes?

When star players like. Karlsson. Panarin. Price. Kopitar. Doughty. Thornton. Marleau. Perry. Tavares. All took around 14% in high tax markets.

You have done literally zero research to educate yourself on contracts around the league.

It was the market standard pre Covid. We will see what the new standard is. But it will definitely be more in high tax markets
Can we get back to Reino?

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
No, but they can still take home more of their incomes playing in Miami vs. Detroit.

And their differences are actually more pronounced, making much more than NHL players do.

I can’t speak to how much fans know. But you can claim residency in other cities much easier I would think? 8 games at home. Working from October to February at the latest.

It’s a whole different system and not really comparable.

Pablo El Perro

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
I can’t speak to how much fans know. But you can claim residency in other cities much easier I would think? 8 games at home. Working from October to February at the latest.

It’s a whole different system and not really comparable.
NBA schedules have a few more home games than that. And even if you reside in a different state than you work, that doesn't get you out of state income taxes.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
NBA schedules have a few more home games than that. And even if you reside in a different state than you work, that doesn't get you out of state income taxes.

I don’t know the details. I haven’t studied it. I studied the NHL cap/taxes. I clearly said I was guessing and up for correction in regards to other sports.

It’s not relevant to NHL though. Completely different systems/circumstance d

Pablo El Perro

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
I don’t know the details. I haven’t studied it. I studied the NHL cap/taxes. I clearly said I was guessing and up for correction in regards to other sports.

It’s not relevant to NHL though. Completely different systems/circumstance d
Regarding residency and income taxes, you pay taxes in the state you work. So it's not Hurricanes and wherever.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Where they play the games. Even in the NHL, players pay taxes playing in LA, even if their team is in Texas. It's the Jordan rule. And professional athletes don't punch a time clock.

So they work 50% of the time in home state. 50% others and live away 7 months a year?

Seems way easier than NHL but I haven’t studied it

Pablo El Perro

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
So they work 50% of the time in home state. 50% others and live away 7 months a year?

Seems way easier than NHL but I haven’t studied it
Where you live is a different issue, tax wise. Whether you play in the NBA, NHL, or work at Walmart. That would involve property taxes and the like. Regarding income taxes, the NHL and NBA are the same. You pay taxes in the locality you play. So, when Dallas players play a game in LA, they pay California income taxes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad