Confirmed with Link: Sam Reinhart Extends 8x8.625 AAV

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Amazing deal

I think it's a good deal. Guentzel, a comparable player with a more reliable track record of goal scoring, got 9x7. While it's true that Reinhart has been playing Selke finalist level defense, scoring is what gets you paid.

I don't think this is quite the huge discount some people are making it out to be, but it is a good contract for the team.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
I think it's a good deal. Guentzel, a comparable player with a more reliable track record of goal scoring, got 9x7. While it's true that Reinhart has been playing Selke finalist level defense, scoring is what gets you paid.

I don't think this is quite the huge discount some people are making it out to be, but it is a good contract for the team.
Really? I think it’s a huge discount. How many guys in the league in the last, I don’t know, 10 years scored over 50 goals?

He’s money in the slot on the power play, an excellent penalty killer who’s always a threat when we’re short handed, and plays elite level defense.

He’s also only 28.

I think we got him at least $1.5M less than he’s worth.

WaitingForThatCab

Mar 11, 2017
Really? I think it’s a huge discount. How many guys in the league in the last, I don’t know, 10 years scored over 50 goals?

He’s money in the slot on the power play, an excellent penalty killer who’s always a threat when we’re short handed, and plays elite level defense.

He’s also only 28.

I think we got him at least $1.5M less than he’s worth.

Yes, but here is the thing: Do you expect Reinhart to be a regular 50 goal scorer? I certainly do not. Based on his usage the last 2 years under Paul Maurice, and his career average shooting percentage, I am pretty hopeful that he will be a ~40 goal scorer for the rest of the team's window. That is still very good, but I don't expect he will score 50 again.

In the first season under Paul Maurice, Reinhart had abysmal luck finishing and shot well under his career percentage. This season, he shot well over it. I expect that things will meet in the middle and regress to the mean.

I like the contract, I think this is great, happy for Reino and the team. However, I don't think this is some huge earth-shattering discount that he took due to state taxes or whatever. I think it's a discount that's reasonable for the team being very successful, him already owning a home here, etc.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Yes, but here is the thing: Do you expect Reinhart to be a regular 50 goal scorer? I certainly do not. Based on his usage the last 2 years under Paul Maurice, and his career average shooting percentage, I am pretty hopeful that he will be a ~40 goal scorer for the rest of the team's window. That is still very good, but I don't expect he will score 50 again.

In the first season under Paul Maurice, Reinhart had abysmal luck finishing and shot well under his career percentage. This season, he shot well over it. I expect that things will meet in the middle and regress to the mean.

I like the contract, I think this is great, happy for Reino and the team. However, I don't think this is some huge earth-shattering discount that he took due to state taxes or whatever. I think it's a discount that's reasonable for the team being very successful, him already owning a home here, etc.
Honestly, even 40 goals is pretty optimistic. His 2nd career high is 33 goals.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015

Yeah I understand. I don’t expect him to be a 50 goal scorer every season. But look at all the guys this past season that have scored 40 goals or more. Only 3 have a lower cap hit than Reinos new deal. Forsberg, Draisaitl, and Stamkos.

You could go lower to guys in the 30 goal range and even they have some crazy cap hits.

Either way, I’m stoked that he’s coming back regardless.

WaitingForThatCab

Mar 11, 2017
Honestly, even 40 goals is pretty optimistic. His 2nd career high is 33 goals.

I think the ~35-40 range feels about right given his role on the team. It looks like he's going to be stapled to Barkov, rather than a Lundell who is still trying to find his offensive game.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Nylander is a very good player, but I think his contract is ugly.

His contract is ugly because Dubas is an idiot and screwed up the internal cap structure to start with, and then Treliving just continued the idiocy instead of trying to fix it. People keep complaining about taxes, but ignore the idiotic moves the Canadian management keep making.

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
Congrats @ucanthanzalthetruth

Wrong thread idiot
IMG_4163.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad