Confirmed Signing with Link: [BUF] F Sam Lafferty signs with the Sabres (2 years, $2M AAV)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Burnaby Schmo

Jan 23, 2021
His head got big playing with Pettersson for a stretch, lost his game when he returned to the 4th line.
I wouldn't say he lost his game, but I don't know if he is a $2mil 4th line, even with the cap increase. But it isn't a huge overpayment.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Seemed like a terrific pickup early last year for the Canucks. Was playing with a ton of speed and directness, driving the net, forechecking, defensively responsible...and had terrific chemistry with Hoglander.

But then really faded hard as the year wore on. Hard to tell how much was him losing his game mentally and getting away from the simple game that he was effective in, and how much was just physically wearing down a bit and not able to sustain that 110% intensity level all year. Conditioning or otherwise. Seemed like a bit of both.

But if you can get some of those decent spurts out of him, he's not a bad 4th liner energy guy who can even pot a few goals.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Rydgar

Jul 15, 2010
Surrey, BC
Overpay for a 4th liner. I didn't see a player in Lafferty on the Canucks that could fill in a top 9 spot. They tried him and he largely failed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad