Rumor: Sam Gagner getting close to signing

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
CAn't wait for HOlland to sign him. Nobody will be able to beat our 7 line rotation in the playoffs.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Los Angeles? They could use more scoring from the bottom six. Put him at #3C, surround him with King/Brown, and bump Lewis to the 4th line.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I think the Sens were once rumored to be in on him. Probably not anymore since the Kelly signing.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Los Angeles? They could use more scoring from the bottom six. Put him at #3C, surround him with King/Brown, and bump Lewis to the 4th line.

Los Angeles does make sense.

If I were a fan of theirs, I'd be worried about the offense and forwards going into this year. Not that Gagner automatically fixes things or even puts more than a dent in it, but he could be a cheap acquisition that's low risk/high reward.

I admit that I'm not familiar with their prospects so much, so maybe they have a good forward prospect that can step in. But they replaced Williams with Lucic pretty much, now they're replaced Lucic with Teddy Purcell.

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
Just drop Panarin or Anisimov from the line to test if they still have chemistry? Makes no sense at all.

Meh, doesn't make much less sense than pairing Panik and a declining Hossa with Toews. Chicago needs to address their scoring depth. No matter how good Toews is, he obviously needs better supporting players to make them more than a one line threat.

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016

Sam Gagner played 3rd line RW for most of the season with Philadelphia.

Gagner is better off playing RW, then he would be playing as a centre.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I think the Canucks would be a pretty solid fit for both parties. Canucks could really use his skill, versatility, RH shot. For Gagner, he'd probably be getting about as good an opportunity as he's gonna find to potentially play some actual minutes. He's always produced reasonably well when he's had a chance to play some Top-6 type minutes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad