Confirmed with Link: Sam Carrick to be Signed by NYR (3 year / 1M per season)

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Bottom six prospects can get you mid round picks or bottom pair D prospects. We’ve been doing pretty well with mid round picks. Which are not nothing. Guys like BMB and Roobroeck could end up middle sixers or bottom sixers. Our top six in two years will be Laf, Troch, Zibs, Kreids , Gabe and probably ONE of Kakko, Cuylle, Otter or Berard. It’s not wild to think one of them could end up a second liner. Whether you like it or not, they could all have that ceiling. Or maybe we sign a 2nd line UFA. Regardless I don’t see them being in a spiral, this team has a nice piece of a long term core. You’re free to be more pessimistic. Time will tell.
You're acting like I don't want our prospects to be good which isn't the case. I'm just not going to go in with the rosy glasses on everybody and always look at a thing as a grand optimist. I try to be realistic and the realistic side of prospects and these things in general are the more often than not they don't pan out to the optimum way. It's disingenuous to act like a bunch of middle and prospects all somehow going to pan out or become more than what they are. The realistic situation of this organization step chart is there is one top line forward prospect and there is one top four defensive prospect in the pipeline, that's it. Everything else is middling at best. So for anybody to act as though this assist them is filled with resources is being disingenuous, and it's a heightened problem when you actually examine just how many draft picks have been traded away at this point because whether or not your organization is hit on mid-round pics is irrelevant to the fact that you have better odds winning NHL players with higher picks than you do with middle pics and this organization has continually disposed of second round picks on rentals

And I will say it again. They also had a 114 point season with Chytil missing 70 games, Kakko missing 2 months and not having a good year, no real 1RW, Wheeler/Bonino/Pitlick sucking ass. A team that has a 45-50 point Smith, a healthy Chytil and Kakko plus guys like Berard/Othmann/Edstrom/Rempe battling for spots could give this team a real good bottom 6 to go along with the top 6 scorers. Trocheck had like 10 points more than his normal year, Laf should continue to grow as a player. I see this roster as better than the one that began last year. The defense is a question mark but this is easily a playoff team and one of the top teams in the east.
So you cite me things that went wrong with middle of the road players and completely ignore the fact that the team capitalized from a bunch of 30 old players having career seasons that is probably not going to repeat itself. If you want to rely on that the more power to you but I'm not going to argue with you about it anymore. Guys had career seasons and it's dangerous to rely on that again with no substantial upgrades to the rest of the roster.

bhamill

Sponsor
Apr 16, 2012
You're acting like I don't want our prospects to be good which isn't the case. I'm just not going to go in with the rosy glasses on everybody and always look at a thing as a grand optimist. I try to be realistic and the realistic side of prospects and these things in general are the more often than not they don't pan out to the optimum way. It's disingenuous to act like a bunch of middle and prospects all somehow going to pan out or become more than what they are. The realistic situation of this organization step chart is there is one top line forward prospect and there is one top four defensive prospect in the pipeline, that's it. Everything else is middling at best. So for anybody to act as though this assist them is filled with resources is being disingenuous, and it's a heightened problem when you actually examine just how many draft picks have been traded away at this point because whether or not your organization is hit on mid-round pics is irrelevant to the fact that you have better odds winning NHL players with higher picks than you do with middle pics and this organization has continually disposed of second round picks on rentals
I’m certainly not trying to put any words in your mouth or say what your intentions are, buddy. Me saying you have a pessimistic outlook doesn’t mean I think you WANT things to be less rosy. It’s just how you see it. I do not think you are being disingenuous at all. It’s not an insult or a jab at you. Any more than I’m insulting myself by saying I have an optimistic outlook. We are both saying what we actually feel is realistic. There’s nothing wrong with that. I appreciate and respect your take, I just have a bit more of a positive view of it. As always, time will tell.

Reactions: bleedblue94

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
I’m certainly not trying to put any words in your mouth or say what your intentions are, buddy. Me saying you have a pessimistic outlook doesn’t mean I think you WANT things to be less rosy. It’s just how you see it. I do not think you are being disingenuous at all. It’s not an insult or a jab at you. Any more than I’m insulting myself by saying I have an optimistic outlook. We are both saying what we actually feel is realistic. There’s nothing wrong with that. I appreciate and respect your take, I just have a bit more of a positive view of it. As always, time will tell.
Agreed, it's just so hard bc we are all passionate and want this team to succeed

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
I hope Edstrom makes it. It would be nice to have a drafted or youngish 4th line like Dom Moore, Brian Boyle, Colton Orr, Brandon Prust types. Keep overpaying for 4th liners rarely works. Can McConnell-Barker be the next Dom Moore down the road? Will Roobroeck play center or wing? He played both in juniors. I believe he took faceoffs in junior. I see Roobroeck as a 3rd liner. Bigger Will Cuylle

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley

So you cite me things that went wrong with middle of the road players and completely ignore the fact that the team capitalized from a bunch of 30 old players having career seasons that is probably not going to repeat itself. If you want to rely on that the more power to you but I'm not going to argue with you about it anymore. Guys had career seasons and it's dangerous to rely on that again with no substantial upgrades to the rest of the roster.
Your argument is based on 2 guys having "career" years. One of them had about 10 points more than he usually scores and has always been a good player and that's why he was signed in the first place. The other, Panarin, has been a dynamic player his entire career here, and was a Hart trophy finalist a few years ago and if it wasn't for the season being cut short due to covid he would have scored well over 100 points. Lets go over the guys that had bad years. Mika, Wheeler, Bonino, Lindgren, Kakko, Chytil, Trouba, even Fox didn't have his best year production wise and with injuries. I think it's a better bet that some or most of those guys that are still here will have better years than Trocheck/Panarin falling far below what they did this year.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Your argument is based on 2 guys having "career" years. One of them had about 10 points more than he usually scores and has always been a good player and that's why he was signed in the first place. The other, Panarin, has been a dynamic player his entire career here, and was a Hart trophy finalist a few years ago and if it wasn't for the season being cut short due to covid he would have scored well over 100 points. Lets go over the guys that had bad years. Mika, Wheeler, Bonino, Lindgren, Kakko, Chytil, Trouba, even Fox didn't have his best year production wise and with injuries. I think it's a better bet that some or most of those guys that are still here will have better years than Trocheck/Panarin falling far below what they did this year.
Your entire post is dq'ed by your first sentence claiming " Trocheck scored 10 more points than he usually scores."

Trocheck has been on the league for 11 years and has scored within 10 points of this year's total ONCE. Not exceeded, just been within 10 points. He does not "usually score" 67-77 points so stop spewing nonsense. You've highlighted what am aberration this year was for him.

And if you don't think panarin is about to start a decline I have a 1998 Civic with 300k miles on it if love to sell you...

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
this guys is like Bordzinski without the skill

So Brodzinski fights. Carrick has more skill than Brodzinski. Carrick has been in the NHL longer than Brod for a reason. Carrick is more of an NHL regular although he does not much skills other than fighting and PK, he is a 4th liner at best. Brodzinaki is a tweener for a reason. He is not that good. Did not get a legit chance until he came to the Rangers. Shows that they don’t know how to scout talent, to rely on a minor leaguer. They could have gave Edstrom his minutes when Chytil went down and see what happens. Brodzinski can score in the AHL but cant in the NHL for a reason, he is not that good and he does not have much talent. Yet they resigned him 🤮🤬

Reactions: Number 9

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
So Brodzinski fights. Carrick has more skill than Brodzinski. Carrick has been in the NHL longer than Brod for a reason. Carrick is more of an NHL regular although he does not much skills other than fighting and PK, he is a 4th liner at best. Brodzinaki is a tweener for a reason. He is not that good. Did not get a legit chance until he came to the Rangers. Shows that they don’t know how to scout talent, to rely on a minor leaguer. They could have gave Edstrom his minutes when Chytil went down and see what happens. Brodzinski can score in the AHL but cant in the NHL for a reason, he is not that good and he does not have much talent. Yet they resigned him 🤮🤬
I think we should pump the brakes here. He's about 19 months older and his longer tenure has resulted in less than 100 more games played. They both blow.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

NYRfan85

D'oh!
Jun 2, 2020
South Carolina
7 pages on a $1 mill signing?
Well, when these are the only players signed, there's not much else to talk about lol.
1722884653796.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad