Sam Bennett takes a puck to the face

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
You spelled Talbot wrong

why bring Oilers in this thread?

Dadbot is good. Oilers fans ragging on him reminds me of when Andersen was criticised heavily last year

already know the reply I'm getting is that they both deserved it, kk

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
He got a ton of undeserved blame from what I've seen

Also seen a lot of premature "I don't think Andersen is the type of goalie that can lead a team in the playoffs"
He was pretty terrible for most of October. Letting in bad goals that cost your team games isn’t undeserved blame?

Watch Andersen in the playoffs, including last year when he at least matched Holtby through 6 games. Andersen is most often at his best when the stakes are highest.

Whoever made the playoffs comment obviously doesn’t know what they’re talking about and should be disregarded.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility

Also seen a lot of premature "I don't think Andersen is the type of goalie that can lead a team in the playoffs"

Yeah, from "Neutral" fans. There were a vocal minority of guys on the Leaf board who have gone MIA since then, but most of the hate came from the mains, just like it did every other season before this one for guys like Kessel and Phaneuf.

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017

Anderson was probably the worst goalie in the NHL in October, like 60/60, you cannot blame people for having strong feelings about a player during a horrible 15ish game stretch.

If it wasn't for the Leafs fire power, they could've been near the bottom of the league.

And while I thought he was solid v WSH, he did let in a few questionable ones, so those feelings still lingered in some people.

Quite frankly, I don't like either side because I think Anderson at his best is a top 10 goalie, but simultaneously, if he REALLY wants to be elite, he can't be garbage (average is fine) in October and he has to prove it in the playoffs.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
For those paying attention, this is the universal post of someone who doesn't watch the Leafs.

And this is someone that never took a course on how-to-spot sarcasm

I thought lines #1 and 2 were clear enough but no, 10 replies from 10 different Leafs fans

persecution complex is stronk

PinkFly

Oct 30, 2017
Bennett is trash. Wouldn't even give a 7th rounder for him. Shoulda drafted Nylander, Ehlers, Larkin or Pasta.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Oh no! I hope this doesn't derail his otherwise promising career :sarcasm:

Joking aside, that play was one of the more promising scoring chances that he's had this year.

Kale Hulls

May 15, 2013
Sam Bennett turning the NHL sideways with innovative plays that turn shot blocking into scoring opportunities.

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
Wow Leafs fans are so classy. Blaming him for an accidental play. I knew you guys were bad but just wow.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Bennett is trash. Wouldn't even give a 7th rounder for him. Shoulda drafted Nylander, Ehlers, Larkin or Pasta.

He's got 3g 8p in his last 11gp playing on the third line with 0 PP time.

Tales of his suckage are grossly overstated.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad