George Richards Sam Bennett: Contract Negotiations

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
With his ligaments and joints he'll be looking for the max contract length which the Panthers can't offer.
Zito’s offer will be half the money Ek wants and half the term Ek wants. So yeah, Ek will look for greener, longer term pastures. I’m thinking Edmonton, Toronto, or Chicago. They pay for assumed pedigree.

ShootIt

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2008
I think Zito would hand out another 8 year deal to lower the AAV.
Looking at the current UFA for centers you got"

Tavares at 35 years old.
Gourde at 34, Granlund at 34
Dvorak at ~30
Bennett at 29
Frederic, Steel and Geekie at ~27
etc...
Maybe I'm missing someone. Quick look.

IMO Bennett is the best of the bunch for long term/age, talent and "intangibles". He's a good #2 center in the league

Curious to see if he truly likes it here to take a discount from max UFA offerings to stay long term. Any deal he would sign I'd assume would have a NTC/NMC for the first 4-6 years.

Lundell got 5, could see Bennett taking a 6.0-6.5mil deal at 8 years if he wanted to stay.

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022

Tavares at 35 years old.
Dvorak at ~30
Bennett at 29
etc...

IMO Bennett is the best of the bunch for long term/age, talent and "intangibles". He's a good #2 center in the league

Curious to see if he truly likes it here to take a discount from max UFA offerings to stay long term. Any deal he would sign I'd assume would have a NTC/NMC for the first 4-6 years.

Lundell got 5, could see Bennett taking a 6.0-6.5mil deal at 8 years if he wanted to stay.

The center market is really shallow, although if Bennett simply wants to cash in I don't think it would hurt the team as much as others since we have Lundy for 2C and Luostarinen would be a perfect 3C.

I mostly worry that he would go to Toronto. With Tavares coming off the books they can afford to throw money at him and Treliving drools over guys like Bennett. I would try to keep him just because of that reason alone :laugh:

zeroG

Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA

Tavares at 35 years old.
Dvorak at ~30
Bennett at 29
etc...

shit. i was thinking he's 26 or something. i remember he was 24 when we got him. time flies.

not to cross threads but i do agree with others that he's probably the more important guy to retain. definitely an identity guy. whether he's #2 or swaps with lundell, he brings something the other Cs don't bring - he's feared. and he can always slide up in case of injury. he's pretty sturdy as well.

Chino Oscar

Jul 22, 2002
West Palm Beach
Identity player for the team. Yes, Chucky got most of the credit and attention when we traded for him, but the shift in identity started with Lomberg, Gudas, Bennett. Would love to keep him.

As for Ekblad, he makes me nervous mist if the time he is on the ice, yet somehow usually is at the top of the time on ice stat 🤔. While loosing him will hurt, we may be OK with Zito and 7+ mil to find his replacement if it came down to that.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Identity player for the team. Yes, Chucky got most of the credit and attention when we traded for him, but the shift in identity started with Lomberg, Gudas, Bennett. Would love to keep him.

As for Ekblad, he makes me nervous mist if the time he is on the ice, yet somehow usually is at the top of the time on ice stat 🤔. While loosing him will hurt, we may be OK with Zito and 7+ mil to find his replacement if it came down to that.
I have to add Hornqvist to the top of your list.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad