Jul 11, 2014
60b2e2a1fd97c753.jpg

B-b-but what about Ekbad?

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Offensively he looks assertive and confident
Totally, just saying that he's probably doing these things now because he's healthy. Always felt like he had these constant nagging injuries but he was pretty healthy through the playoffs except the hand thing.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
I find it interesting everyone is willing to re-sign Bennett but a good portion of fans aren't even willing to take Ekblad at a low price.

Look, Bennett is f***ing awesome, and his type of game is hard to find. He was also far more valuable than Ekblad last season, and arguably in 2022. But he's almost as injury prone, plays a far more physically taxing game, and doesn't exactly have the high level hockey sense to make me think his game will age particularly well..

Regardless, I trust Zito with whatever he does.

Last edited:

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
I find it interesting everyone is willing to resign Bennett but a good portion of fans aren't even willing to take Ekblad at a low price.

Look, Bennett is f***ing awesome, and his type of game is hard to find. He was also far more valuable than Ekblad last season, and arguably in 2022. But he's almost as injury prone, plays a far more physically taxing game, and doesn't exactly have the high level hockey sense to make me think his game will age particularly well..

I'm willing to take Ekblad at a low price. The thing is, I am really, really, really concerned about Ekblad on a contract with real term on it. I think he is one injury or three years of wear and tear (at most) from being a third pair guy who needs heavily sheltered minutes.

I don't relish saying that at all, but from where I am, that's the only way I can see it. You can not give this guy an 8 year contract like the others are getting. You simply can't. Those contracts will be bad in the last couple of years, but Ekblad's will be bad by year 3 or 4.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I find it interesting everyone is willing to resign Bennett but a good portion of fans aren't even willing to take Ekblad at a low price.

FWIW, losing Ekblad would cause a ripple like when Gudbranson and Kulikov got moved in the same offseason.

It wasn't cause they were good, but those trades (and that summer in general) took us a while to recover from

Reactions: Felidae

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver

Everyone seems more keen on re-signing him from what I'm reading...

• Haha
Reactions: ShootIt and Felidae

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
FWIW, losing Ekblad would cause a ripple like when Gudbranson and Kulikov got moved in the same offseason.

It wasn't cause they were good, but those trades (and that summer in general) took us a while to recover from

Same things were said about Huby and his irreplaceable 115pts. It was the circumstances (Gallant getting fired) and other moving parts, like Campbell going back to the Hawks, that caused turmoil. We'll be fine without Ekblad.

Reactions: Laus723

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad