Salary Cap: Salary Cap and Roster Building... just start the draft dammit

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Letang for Kap is not something that even gets the Pens to stop laughing at toronto.

Kap amd Kadri for Letang is still a no.

We need more Good Dmen. Not less..

I honestly could not imagine this defense with keeping JJ and losing Letang. I've said it a trillion times... I never count this team out. Even in the darkest times I was saying we had what we needed to build to a Cup.

But taking Letang out of that defense w/o finding a way to bring in a Letang-like player (which just sounds f***ing stupid) would push me off that positivity bridge.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
I honestly could not imagine this defense with keeping JJ and losing Letang. I've said it a trillion times... I never count this team out. Even in the darkest times I was saying we had what we needed to build to a Cup.

But taking Letang out of that defense w/o finding a way to bring in a Letang-like player (which just sounds ****ing stupid) would push me off that positivity bridge.

a letang trade, to me, is window closing. Done.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express

But taking Letang out of that defense w/o finding a way to bring in a Letang-like player (which just sounds ****ing stupid) would push me off that positivity bridge.

I'll say it again.

You do not f***ing trade Kris Letang.

I'd honestly entertain trading Malkin before Tanger. Because I think Malkin brings back more and we still have some dude named Crosby.

All of this rumor mill and gossip about Malkin and Tanger is just nonsense anyway. Yet people fall for it every year.

Sensationalism has ruined the "news".

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
I’m sure Callahan does have a degenerative back problem, as does about a quarter of nhl players I’m sure...look at Kessler with his ****...and you can go on playing with it...all TB has to do is send him to some doctor and get him/her to write that it’s career threatening (and so are Horny’s concussions btw) and then TB is entitled to put him on LTIR? That’s so bogus and it’s so nhl to allow that kind of cap circumvention...

Look at what Dupuis went though to still play. Do you really think he's unique? Do you really think that if Callahan could safely play that he would voluntarily sit out? I'm not saying that GMs are not taking advantage of some of these situations... but the idea that Callahan is sitting out to do TB a solid is just fan paranoia. If he could play, he'd play.

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Kadri HAS to be in that deal.

Yeah, but we can’t afford to take on two more forwards for a D man...forget what he does to generate offense here...we can’t afford not to get a D back somewhere...

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Look ... no matter what “shake up” they think they want, they damn well better have a coherent idea of what this team needs to be... because if they dump letang for a safer yet less talented player then do the same for Kessel, they aren’t fixing anything, they are shuffling deficiencies in D to O and they really don’t have that great an O anyhow.

Find players that fit strengths... im just afraid that this is going to be another on the fly remake that JR did when he first got here, and we are going to reek for the first part of the year with fewer assets to bail us out later

Reactions: Andy99

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Ive always thought that the 08 team would beat the 09 team in 6 games.

Prime Hossa edges out the depth of 09.

Except Michel Therrien was a horrible coach. The 2008 team got blown out by Detroit in large part because Detroit played a modern game and the Pens never had the puck under Therrien.

Dennis Reynolds

I have to have my tools!
Jun 10, 2011
Paddy's Pub
I can't find a way to make a Toronto deal fit under the cap.

Letang, ZAR for Zaitsev, Dermott, Kadri, Kapanen fits. Toronto doesn't do that, though. Anything else that fits, I wouldn't do from the Pens perspective.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
I'll say it again.

You do not ****ing trade Kris Letang.

I'd honestly entertain trading Malkin before Tanger. Because I think Malkin brings back more and we still have some dude named Crosby.

All of this rumor mill and gossip about Malkin and Tanger is just nonsense anyway. Yet people fall for it every year.

Sensationalism has ruined the "news".

100%.

You can trade Malkin and still contend.

Letang is way more irreplaceable. You still have a Crosby if Malkin is traded.

But i actually think Letang has more value than Malkin league wide.

GMs love elite #1 RHD on good cap hits.

But we are in no posistion to move letang and still be a good team.

Reactions: ImporterExporter

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
giphy.gif

Reactions: BrookswasHere44

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
I can't find a way to make a Toronto deal fit under the cap.

Letang, ZAR for Zaitsev, Dermott, Kadri, Kapanen fits. Toronto does do that, though. Anything else that fits, I wouldn't do from the Pens perspective.

thats god awful.

Zaitev is a waiver wire player making 4 mil for the next forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad