GDT: Sabres vs Red Wings 1 PM Saturday 10/25 TV:MSG Radio:WGR550 - Back in Black

May 2, 2005
Niagara Falls
Eventually the second line will get going. I hope we can stay healthy until that happens, because if we have all the other lines rolling like they have been it will make us quite a force.

Honestly despite blowing leads again there was a lot to love about this game. This was a complete game of intense forecheck which made Detroit force a lot. Also our breakouts were great with the support slots perfectly set up which made exits and entries easy.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Lindy preached guys playing outside their comfort zone. Good to see them buying into that. I thought they locked it down well in the third. Detriot had their chance when the goalie was pulled, but that's puck luck for ya. When a team is battling they way the Sabres were the puck luck seems to favor them.

About 10 minutes into the period the shots were two apiece. I know possession time was a lot more in buffaloes zone but they had only yielded two shots in the first 10 minutes of a period a division rival needed in an important game. Good step.
His two way game has come a long eay this season. Love the way he's battling and getting back. He's turning into a 1st line player before our eyes. And, of course, that blazing speed. I'd like to see him and McLeod race.

Feels like all three of those guys on that first line came out of this From puck drop like they’ve been shot out of a cannon. And it didn’t really dip during the game.

Reactions: Dubi Doo

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
Lindy preached guys playing outside their comfort zone. Good to see them buying into that. I thought they locked it down well in the third. Detriot had their chance when the goalie was pulled, but that's puck luck for ya. When a team is battling they way the Sabres were the puck luck seems to favor them.

His two way game has come a long eay this season. Love the way he's battling and getting back. He's turning into a 1st line player before our eyes. And, of course, that blazing speed. I'd like to see him and McLeod race.
Whenever someone brings up posts I always lean towards a "so what? you missed." I didn't see the end of the game, but a lot of the time a player hits the post, it's because there is only a very small window where the net is open or maybe none at all. If your goalie is playing well opponents will hit a lot of posts because they have no choice but to aim for the very small areas where they might slip one through.

Again, not saying that is the case here as I didn't see it. Just saying, good goaltenders get "saved" by the posts more than bad ones due to good positioning and forcing skaters to take lower margin shots. Good teams and players make their own puck luck a lot of the time.

Reactions: Matt Ress

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia

JJ saved a goal at the end and he got in the way forcing Kane to ding the post. I didn't remember him being such a good passer. That backdoor to Thompson just ust missed. He is just doing everything right.

Reactions: TheMistyStranger

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Screen Shot 2024-10-26 at 3.38.24 PM.png

Reactions: Washed Up 29YearOld

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad