GDT: Sabres vs Penguins 7PM - TV MSG/NHL Network- Radio WGR 550

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
Not sure why, but Lafferty is much taller than I expected.
He's a presence out there (and that line is earning its praise). We're a big team now.
Crosby and company are going to SMOKE the Amerks next week in Pittsburgh.
Konsta is going to one punch Sid, thus ending a two-decade curse.

In his shift before that one he has some trouble getting it out of his own zone. Just something I noticed, looked gassed.
Benson is no longer a fit here with our elite team speed...:sarcasm:

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Not to call on past demons but that hit by Byram is the smart kind that Risto never made. Puck got moved and he buried him for it…it ended the play since he was the closest player to making a play on it too. Risto would chase the puck carrier and hit him after he moved it to an area someone else could get to it…and the only person he really took out of the play was himself. Drove me crazy for years. Especially whenever someone would use his physicality as a reason to keep him. Byram used his head to lay the body.

CowbellConray

Sep 8, 2010
A few things I've noticed:

1) Offensive zone pressure. It's consistent, it's targeted
2) Everyone is playing the body. And I have seen the defense clear out their guys in the corners or at the line way more than years past
3) Defense is shooting way more. Defenders stepping up into the play, and not hesitating
4) Guys are getting into outlet lanes for the puck carrier in the defensive zone

Simple things, and good results. Hopefully that continues.

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
Looks like a BIG key in Ruff's system is wingers and defense are interchanging in the O-zone a LOT.

Not as big as bodies to net/pucks to net but still.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad