GDT: Sabres vs Penguins 7PM - TV MSG/NHL Network- Radio WGR 550

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
They are looking pretty good so far. I was annoyed at the start of the game with that terrible pass by Byram, and then the Thompson penalty + Pens immediately scoring on the PP. My first thought was “yep, Sabres hockey is back…” lol

But I feel like they’ve settled in since then.

It’s still obvious this is preseason game 1, in a new system. But I like a lot of what I’m seeing. I like how they’re moving the puck and trying to set up scoring chances. I like the structure in the d zone (for the most part…). I really like the effort back checking. I like the focus on a more north/south game and the speed they’re attacking with.

And the PP looked good. I didn’t know they were allowed to do something other than try to feed Tage 1 timers! lol

Reactions: Ralonzo

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
First period thoughts

- it’s so weird watching a new Zemgus/KO line assignment without them and seeing consistent body contact and keeping the puck in play in the zone

- ton of 5 on 5 shots with no finish…which, if I were to rank my questions for this season given Lindy’s ability to coach his team into chances and this roster’s missing top six pieces/bottom six that isn’t going to score would have been number 1 with a bullet

- I counted no less than five times Benson was on the wall in a puck battle. While he didn’t personally win all of them…the Sabres ended up with possession every single time

- Byram man…calm it down and stop tossing pucks to bad places

Reactions: Ralonzo and Fearnot

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
Not for me in DC. It showed the first 2 minutes then switched to blackout programming feed like I was in buffalo.
I checked their website and your zip code has to be in their "broadcast" area. Not sure if DC would qualify for that.

Plus... $30 a month? Eeks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad