GDT: Sabres vs Kings 7 PM ET - TV:MSG Radio: WGR550 - 2024-25 Home Opener!

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
The analytics are based on the underlying assumption of average shooting skill/finish and average goaltender performance.

The Sabres are shooting like really awful crap right now. But outside of that one save from Markstrom in game 1, I don’t think they’ve really been getting “goalied”.

We heavily out chanced the Kings last night, nearly shutting them out from any chances at 5v5 in the 1st and 2nd periods. But we’ve got no finish in us right now at all.
McCloud had one last night on a wrap around, though I think if it was on his forehand he probably scores there.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Screenshot 2024-10-11 141323.jpg

The puck luck has been beyond bad for the top 2 pairs.

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
It's a weird stat because staring 0-3 shouldn't be met with well only 5 teams have done it and made the playoffs, there are so many different factors that play into a teams success. I would expect a lot of playoff teams might lose 3 or 4 in a row this year.

Considering Ottawa handled Florida, I wouldn't say it is a given that we will be 0-4, but we will see
But statistically speaking those are the odds.

You can spin it any way you want but thats how statistics work.

If Buffalo goes 0-4 and loses to Florida it's only gonna get worse.

The good news is they can always buck the trend.

If only 20% of teams make the playoffs after starting 0-4 then statistically speaking Buffalo has a 20% chance of making the playoffs.

I would imagine betting sites will adjust towards these statistics especially the more games played that go in that direction.

You have a lot of confidence in this team you should go bet on Buffalo to make the playoffs if they lose to Florida. You will make a killing.

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
The most infuriating thing about last night was the failure to get the game into OT to at least earn a point. Not compiling loser points killed us last season, they have to learn how to get games into OT when it's tied late.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Ottawa is a far better team than us IMO. They just had historically bad goaltending last year. Their GM went out and fixed it by getting ullmark despite ullmark not wanting to go there. Then Their GM was able to extend ullmark.

I honestly don't feel like we are in the same class as Ottawa with good goaltending. We don't have a Tkachuk or a stutzle.
I'd disagree there. Ottawa's defense is a big liability. Also 8.25 for Ullmark is rough.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad