GDT: Sabres vs Kings 7 PM ET - TV:MSG Radio: WGR550 - 2024-25 Home Opener!

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
Huh... ESPN+ shows the start time as 5:30pm (I'm in Central time zone).

Does this mean they are finally going to be showing the pregame and post game shows?

I hope so!! :thumbu:

KiwiGriff

It’s a Bloody Business Bates!
Dec 29, 2019
Porirua
The closest thing I jave to a friend in Buffalo is you guys. Is that sad? It makes me sad.

That might work. I don't live in the US but I do have a VPN.
Do you have any local TV sports provider with a partnership with ESPN? In New Zealand I have a Sky Sports sub that I share with a mate, and we log onto ESPN+ using our Sky credentials. We can watch every game, no blackouts (I think) ... not to mention sometimes the games are just played on Sky anyway, lile the Sabres playing in Prague.

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
I get Disney + , ESPN + and Hulu for free with my Verizon phone plan and had to go thru the same BS ... Only problem is I live in Sabre territory so ESPN + is worthless to me.. somehow my VPN doesn't work with ESPN plus anymore. So I am currently paying 99 bucks a month for FUBO.
I ran into this at the start of the season because i tried using my iphone and ipad. They set up the espn+ app in a way that prohibits you from using the app if you have your gps location turned off. So even if you have your vpn going, the GPS takes precedence over the VPN and you end up blacked out.

KiwiGriff

It’s a Bloody Business Bates!
Dec 29, 2019
Porirua
Watch out, my Disney+ bundle just went up to 21.99 a month after being initially 12 or 13 bucks when I first got it back in 2019.
What's in your bundle? I have Disney+ but we don't have packages here in NZ ... you just get the base Disney service. For me its $17.99, which equates to about $11.50 USD here.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
They had Bryson practicing as a forward the other day.
Maybe Lindy sees a little of his younger self in Bryson. But Lindy could actually play.
I'll be very pleasantly surprised if they win or even get to OT
I'll be pleasantly surprised if they avoid another couple injuries.
Would you guys say ESPN would be the best streaming service to get the most Sabres games? I've considered subbing so I can get better streams, but with the amount of streaming services that have some games blackouts, etc. It's very difficult to determine if any service is even worth it.
Reminds me of the joke: There is sex you pay for, and there is sex for free. The difference is the sex you pay for is cheaper.
Depends on where you live. If you live in the Buffalo area, ESPN+ is worthless.

If you live in the US but outside the Buffalo area, then yes I'd highly recommend ESPN+. Yes, national games on TNT will be blacked out. There might be one or two ESPN exclusive, and if the NHL Network decides to broadcast a game, ESPN+ gets blacked out.

I pay like $12 a month for ESPN+ only, I get national/NHLN games blacked out as well as any BUF vs: PIT or PHI or NYR games blacked out. But I still get like 55-60 games over season.....and I find it highly worth it.
My wife pays too much money for too many services for us to watch stuff that makes her happy with her shows but me pissed off when the Sabres lose.
I ran into this at the start of the season because i tried using my iphone and ipad. They set up the espn+ app in a way that prohibits you from using the app if you have your gps location turned off. So even if you have your vpn going, the GPS takes precedence over the VPN and you end up blacked out.
Pro tip: If you're going to commit a violent crime like a double murder on your large estate, leave your cell phone on the night stand or kitchen counter instead of having it in your pocket the whole time.

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
When the Kings stack everybody up at the blue line will the Sabres be able to gain possession in the offensive zone? Tune in tonight to find out!

Reactions: KiwiGriff

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
1728591892366.jpeg

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
Do you have any local TV sports provider with a partnership with ESPN? In New Zealand I have a Sky Sports sub that I share with a mate, and we log onto ESPN+ using our Sky credentials. We can watch every game, no blackouts (I think) ... not to mention sometimes the games are just played on Sky anyway, lile the Sabres playing in Prague.
I do not believe so. I don't have many local providers of anything.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
Hmm, I will have to look into it. I see a few posts on reddit from some other Canadians saying their vpns work, but we are basically using it just to be able to make an account. Not too concerned with blackouts, it's just that espn+ isn't available in Canada.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad