GDT: Sabres vs Kings 7 PM ET - TV:MSG Radio: WGR550 - 2024-25 Home Opener!

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
I'll be there! Going early too to catch some of the Plaza fun...

SmartSelect_20241010_095115_Instagram.jpg

May 2, 2005
Niagara Falls
I think it goes without saying that a win here would be very nice.

After the two Prague games, things went pretty bleak for me. But after seeing Boston get abused score board and physically, Pittsburgh get tossed aside, Edmonton get humiliated, Colorado get pummelled etc. A lot of teams look lethargic and poor in their first games. Makes me feel just a touch more optimistic. Just sucks that we did it two games in a row.

Just don't go 0-3.

Reactions: jc17

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012

After the two Prague games, things went pretty bleak for me. But after seeing Boston get abused score board and physically, Pittsburgh get tossed aside, Edmonton get humiliated, Colorado get pummelled etc. A lot of teams look lethargic and poor in their first games. Makes me feel just a touch more optimistic. Just sucks that we did it two games in a row.

Just don't go 0-3.
there is a difference if your team has been good and starts bad or if your team has been bad for 13 years and has a start like this.
even just considering their bad play last season, it shows on how they react and perform under a certain expectation and pressure and it didn't look good.
That's not to say it will go on like this and that they cannot rebound but its not the same as if a tem like Colorado has a bad one.

GrierIsGod123

Oct 22, 2009
Orchard Park
This feels like a must win, especially with the next game against Florida, who we match up horrendously with (so do a lot of other teams, I know).

The likelihood of being 1-3 or 0-4 seems high. They then have three winnable games in a row, which would allow them to get over .500. Squeezing points out of games against the big dogs like Florida (or NJ for that matter) is crucial. I'll feel a lot better about things if they can get 3 out of 4 points in the next two and let's say 5 out of 6 of the three after that.

A quick look at November schedule and there is a TON of winnable matchups. They will absolutely need to stack points then. We need to start dominating the teams like Philly, NYI, Montreal, etc. if we want to be a playoff team.

CrazyWayne

Dec 15, 2018
I don't remember seeing players individual goal songs for this season.....

Please tell me that's over with

Guess I should have continued scrolling to the non sticky threads - new goal song drops tonight

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
This feels like a must win, especially with the next game against Florida, who we match up horrendously with (so do a lot of other teams, I know).

The likelihood of being 1-3 or 0-4 seems high. They then have three winnable games in a row, which would allow them to get over .500. Squeezing points out of games against the big dogs like Florida (or NJ for that matter) is crucial. I'll feel a lot better about things if they can get 3 out of 4 points in the next two and let's say 5 out of 6 of the three after that.

A quick look at November schedule and there is a TON of winnable matchups. They will absolutely need to stack points then. We need to start dominating the teams like Philly, NYI, Montreal, etc. if we want to be a playoff team.
This team must win 30 at home and have winning record against each division and conference opponent. Simple.

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future

Just don't go 0-3.
If the team can get their collective heads out of their asses, they could make up ground while teams are still settling into the season.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
A loss tonight would really ramp up the pressure on these guys. We all know how this core can sink into their feelings. Starting out 0-3 (likely 0-4 with their next opponent) would likely have the fanbase getting antsy, and things can start spiraling from there. Need a pick me up win in the worst way, or they'll start killing fan interest before the season even gets rolling.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad