Sabres to offer $89 monthly pass

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
This is a new wrinkle on flash tickets. I am guessing their Tier 1 games will not be available and those include games with Toronto, Montreal, Pittsburgh, Edmonton and Chicago.

http://buffalonews.com/2017/08/23/fan-feedback-key-sabres-move-new-ticketing-game-night-initiatives/

Their latest innovation will be dubbed the "Sabres Flex Pass" and will allow fans to access multiple games in a month by paying an $89 subscription fee. Tickets will be offered for 35 of the 40 home games, subject to availability, and can be requested 24 hours prior to the game. The subscriptions will go on sale Sept. 16 – the same day individual game tickets go on sale – and the Sabres are still determining how many they will offer.

Also fans will be able to buy concessions on their phone and just pick them up.

Fans who download the new version of the app will be able to access wait-time management, which will show lines at restrooms and concession stands near the fan's entered section number, and concession pickup ordering. The Sabres have partnered with concessionaire Delaware North to provide in-app ordering, which will start with three pickup points on the 100 level and one on the 300 level.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
If I'm understanding it right, it seems similar to the MLB monthly passes a lot of teams offer. In MLB it'll typically be something like $60 a month for all the home games or whatever the pricing may be with the catch being you don't get your seats until a few hours before game time and they're non transferrable.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Nashville had the concessions app a few years ago. They tried it out and included my section in the soft roll out. I set it up on my phone but didn't use it. I never heard anything about it after that so either it was scrapped or they targeted a different tier--mine just isn't so congested that you need someone else to stand in line for you!

I don't think I'd want to pay $540 and not know whether I would even have a seat for a game, but I guess if you can actually get tickets that would be a good deal for fans who don't care where they sit.

tony d

New poll series coming from me in June
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
This is a good idea and could get more fans to games. When I was in Edmonton last Christmas we looked into going to a game. It would be $275 each for 4 of us who would attend. That's way to much to see a hockey game that you can watch on TV for free and in the comfort of your own home.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad