Confirmed with Link: Sabres sign Vinnie Hinostroza (1yr, $1.05 mil)

allsilverdreams

Jan 17, 2011
Well, we can't be sure that both will be in the NHL right away, nor do we know if a guy like Olofsson will be in the lineup next season. Injuries also have a big impact.
Olofsson will be and so will Quinn.
There's room for Vinny for the next two seasons for sure.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
For next season, right now we're looking at (mix and match lines as you see fit) :

Skinner-Thompson-Tuch
Mittelstadt-Cozens-Quinn
Olofsson-Krebs-Asplund
Peterka-Girgensons-Okposo

So the real question is: do you bump Peterka to Rochester (since you obviously wouldn't keep him in the press box here) for Hinostroza? Does Hinostroza/Asplund compete for the same spot, loser to the press box? And if you add another guy for the 4th line, that just adds to the question.

Hino isn't a bad player, but I don't know how you fit him in necessarily. Though maybe that's not a bad thing to create that competition, and we know injuries will happen...

Maybe we trade him as a rental and then sign him again in the offseason, get the best of both worlds.

Reactions: michaelsaas

Diaspora

Jul 13, 2020
For next season, right now we're looking at (mix and match lines as you see fit) :

Skinner-Thompson-Tuch
Mittelstadt-Cozens-Quinn
Olofsson-Krebs-Asplund

So the real question is: do you bump Peterka to Rochester (since you obviously wouldn't keep him in the press box here) for Hinostroza? Does Hinostroza/Asplund compete for the same spot, loser to the press box? And if you add another guy for the 4th line, that just adds to the question.

Hino isn't a bad player, but I don't know how you fit him in necessarily. Though maybe that's not a bad thing to create that competition, and we know injuries will happen...

Maybe we trade him as a rental and then sign him again in the offseason, get the best of both worlds.
It's ok if J-J is the first call up from Rochester. There will be injuries. You don't just need 12 good forwards, you need about 15.

Reactions: Jacob582

BG82

Jan 25, 2008
Niagara Falls

Skinner-Thompson-Tuch
Mittelstadt-Cozens-Quinn
Olofsson-Krebs-Asplund

I'd rather a more offensively skilled player with Krebs and Olofsson, not sure I like Asplund there, be nice to bring in someone on that line and use Asplund as the 13th forward

Or swap Quinn and Asplund

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL

Skinner-Thompson-Tuch
Mittelstadt-Cozens-Quinn
Olofsson-Krebs-Asplund

Asplund can't be in the press box. That lineup has a severe lack of defensively responsible forwards as it is. Asplund can't get the Johan Larsson treatment by this GM. He's a really important player to have in the lineup every night; FAR more important than a 0.5 ppg depth guy.

Reactions: michaelsaas

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004

Skinner-Thompson-Tuch
Mittelstadt-Cozens-Quinn
Olofsson-Krebs-Asplund

There's certainly a potential logjam - but he's someone they need to shoehorn in. His versatility is a bonus.

Regarding your last point - i see this proposed so often - but in reality it rarely happens. If he's traded away then he's almost certainly not coming back.

I'm fine with dumping the likes of Eakin for whatever futures we can get at the TDL - but Hinostroza will be more valuable than a mid round pick.

3 x 2-2.5m sounds perfect.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
The winger said he'd be super interested in re-signing with the Sabres.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Then they can just re-sign him, although someone may have to leave in the summer.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Vinnie's speed is exactly what this team need to retain. I personally would keep him over Asplund or VO.
I don't think Asplund is huge value and he can be useful to us, maybe Olofsson can be a player who leaves, although VO could have played better next season with his injury healed, although he is RFA and has the right to arbitration.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
If they bring Hino back, they need to trade Bjork to any team that will take him.

I will gladly take back FC for him.
Can't see anyone taking Bjork, unless you throw in a pick.

It's been mentioned here before. You buy out Bjork.

Cost is $600K. Saving $1.2M in Pegula bucks. You then sign Hino for $1.2M which is a raise for him. Pegula comes out even. Makes hockey sense and financial sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad