Confirmed with Link: Sabres Sign G James Reimer to 1-year, $1 million Deal

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
Wish we had this guy 5 years ago.

Typical sabres signing.

Get players past their prime no one else wants

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
1719966088864.png

1719966249194.png

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
I really like this signing. I am hoping he is our defacto 2 and Levi gets the starts he needs in Rochester.

He should be the NHL backup and Levi starts in Rochester. That's the way a real team would work, but Buffalo probably already guaranteed Levi would start the season on the main club.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
What kind of break do you need? How many starts are you giving UPL? 50? 60?
Reimer was signed as a veteran organizational 2nd or 3rd goalie.

I feel a lot better about Reimer in this slot this year as opposed to Comrie in this role last season.

Capture.PNG

Of the UFA depth goalie options, Reimer is one of the best signings out there. Nobody that is signing a one year deal to be a veteran option behind UPL and Levi is going to be a Vezina candidate in waiting.

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
In what world is Sandstrom getting 20+ starts with one injury unless it's UPL done for the season Game 1? And in that case, KA goes shopping.

Reactions: Chainshot

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
How did they get Reimer at $1M? Less than projection (evolving hockey: 1 year, $1.29M).

You know, we couldn't sign anyone better than Aaron Dell and a retired goalie back when we had a starters role up for grabs.

I can't wrap my head around Reimer being Rochester goalie. Is Adams really going to bank on Reimer as #3 and be confident that he will clear waivers? All it takes is some goalie injuries during training camps and he would be claimed. And then you don't have your #3 goalie or your starter for Rochester.

I'm starting to wonder if Levi will be in Rochester.

BUCKSHOT

""""""""""""""""""""""
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
How did they get Reimer at $1M? Less than projection (evolving hockey: 1 year, $1.29M).

You know, we couldn't sign anyone better than Aaron Dell and a retired goalie back when we had a starters role up for grabs.

I can't wrap my head around Reimer being Rochester goalie. Is Adams really going to bank on Reimer as #3 and be confident that he will clear waivers? All it takes is some goalie injuries during training camps and he would be claimed. And then you don't have your #3 goalie or your starter for Rochester.

I'd guess Reimer will be #2 (no way he clears waivers)

Levi will start in Rochester but get 20ish starts with the Sabres

Last edited:
Reactions: Jacob582

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Love this signing. Reimer has been very consistent over his career. Perfect veteran backup. Makes me feel a lot better about the goaltending position.

This has Lindy written all over it (to me, anyway). If he has his way, I am guessing Reimer will be the #2 (assuming he plays well enough).

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY

I’m in line with your thinking. They're certainly making moves to improve the team. But they also seem determined to make sure no more youngsters start with the team. At least outside of the ones already on it.

Reactions: Jacob582

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I'd guess Reimer will be #2 (no way he clears waivers)

Levi will start in Rochester but get 20ish starts with the Sabres
Assuming Reimer is the #2, I don’t see Levi getting any games. Not unless UPL/Reimer get injured or one of them has their game fall apart. Getting him games for development purposes is not going to be a thing.

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
Assuming Reimer is the #2, I don’t see Levi getting any games. Not unless UPL/Reimer get injured or one of them has their game fall apart. Getting him games for development purposes is not going to be a thing.
I don't think the idea would be getting Levi him NHL games for development purposes, but the opposite: for NHL wins.

Say our duo was Levi and Reimer going into the year - who puts up better stats as a 50 game starter with the other backing up?

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
In the intro of the InGoal Magazine podcast this week that features an interview with Devon Levi, Woody said that they have an interview with Reimer from the same camp (I am guessing it was the Net360 camp) that Levi was at that will be released in the future. They hit up a number of goalies that were at the camp for interviews.

Reactions: Chainshot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad