Confirmed with Link: Sabres re-sign Kale Clague (1yr, $775k, two-way)

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
Bryson hardly cracking an AHL roster is funny (and not wrong, lol)
If he puts it all together and plays physical w purpose..He could easily be the 5d on many teams.. He has a high ceiling.. Hes right now easily top. 4 on amerks although haven't seen him run a power play.. I think hes better than pilut , i don't understand the Bryson and joki abuse here.

Okay, I looked at the stats.. 25 years old. minus 24..in 59 games.. on a team Sammy, dahlin and power were plus 10 to 15. .
boosh minus 2 over 68 games
stlliman plus 1 over 18 games.

joki minus 12.

so Bryson minus 25 certainly earns him top 4 minutes in Rochester and maybe tenth or eleventh in line to play.. At 25 he would have to really play minutes if he wasn't injured to get better, maybe kicking him and VO off the team is justified.

Btw. skinner led the team w plus 15

Ok , girgs and jost playing tough minutes were minus 7 ,5, 9 respectivly .

not looking to good for Bryson uniess staff knows what we do not... fixing D and sieves other teams attack might work..

Yeah, that's only, like, 7.5 years salary for me
This is why .w tix rising along w forced inequalities..this is my last year watching pro sports . Hopefully both teams play well and we invite Jim Carrey to do weather.

Gabrielor

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Not bad for an organizational 9-10 defenseman. Good get for Roch. They’ll be very good. Again.
If this was last year, I wouldn't care. I'd be happy even.

We finally have a couple guys developing in Rochester...what I don't want to see is Novikov in the ECHL because there's no room.

ForsbergMoDo21

Feb 19, 2008
Rochester NY

We finally have a couple guys developing in Rochester...what I don't want to see is Novikov in the ECHL because there's no room.

No, but the same principle we use at the NHL level holds true. It’s not good to throw kids to the wolves as far as playing situations in the NHL, nor is it at the AHL. And the AHL—especially as an overseas rookie defenseman—is not a league I’d be excited to be turning my back and digging pucks out of corners in. And they’ll also have the same injury issues. I think it’s a good situation and I think rookies not getting enough developmental time in isn’t a concern.

BuffaloGooner

Sep 8, 2011
Sloan, NY

There is no shot Novikov ever sees the coast. They’ll run Johnson, Bryson(?), Clague, Novikov, Cecconi, Davies, Metsa, Prow

Savoie and Jandric are ECHL candidates

I have confidence that Novikov moves well enough even if he starts on the third pairing per se he will earn more minutes.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
Bryson is good for the locker room, and we could do a lot worse with 8th d-man. He has negative trade value. And the Rochester group do not need him eating up minutes.

Joker at 1/2 retention should fetch a 2nd. I think.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
More cowbell!
I thought the same...
No, but the same principle we use at the NHL level holds true. It’s not good to throw kids to the wolves as far as playing situations in the NHL, nor is it at the AHL. And the AHL—especially as an overseas rookie defenseman—is not a league I’d be excited to be turning my back and digging pucks out of corners in. And they’ll also have the same injury issues. I think it’s a good situation and I think rookies not getting enough developmental time in isn’t a concern.
Exactly this. It also allows the organization to hopefully institute a common defensive system and retain (play and develop) the best guys for it, vs forcing square pegs in round holes. Narrowing the talent rolloff through the d-depth permits that vs playing guys who are too one-dimensional because the overall talent depth goes over a cliff vs a gradual sloped grade.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
To winning a Calder? I don't think particularly. Their center spine isn't worthy of an AHL contender, and there's BIG questions about how all the skill at forward will hold up to the physicality of the AHL playoffs -- just look at what Hershey did to us this past year.
Yes.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Yea, I was speaking pre-this signing. Now it's even wackier.

Who's playing where, particularly the 1st year prospects in Johnson, Novikov, Metsa.

I’m sure they would prefer a vet with Novikov instead of another rookie like Metsa. Who you had paired with him in a previous breakdown. If they want Metsa to get a lot of ice time they can send him to ECHL. Where he could play a lot more in a prominent role

Gabrielor

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I’m sure they would prefer a vet with Novikov instead of another rookie like Metsa. Who you had paired with him in a previous breakdown. If they want Metsa to get a lot of ice time they can send him to ECHL. Where he could play a lot more in a prominent role
Personally tough for me to take, as I thought he was one of the best D once he got into the lineup.

If his playoff performance carries over, I could see him moving up pairs next season.

But, you're right. He doesn't have a NHL contract, and so if you break it down like that, we'll end up at:

Johnson Prow (top d prospect + vet leader of amerks)
Clague Cecconi (davies gets bumped despite the chemistry...)
Novikov Bryson (they wont not play Novikov, and Bryson ends up here...)
Davies Metsa

Jandric Savoie to Jacksonville.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Personally tough for me to take, as I thought he was one of the best D once he got into the lineup.

If his playoff performance carries over, I could see him moving up pairs next season.

But, you're right. He doesn't have a NHL contract, and so if you break it down like that, we'll end up at:

Johnson Prow (top d prospect + vet leader of amerks)
Clague Cecconi (davies gets bumped despite the chemistry...)
Novikov Bryson (they wont not play Novikov, and Bryson ends up here...)
Davies Metsa

Jandric Savoie to Jacksonville.
Is there any website that gives AHL ice time?

I’m curious to see how the ice time broke down when they were riding 7 dmen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad