Confirmed with Link: Sabres re-sign D Henri Jokiharju. 1 year, $3.1M

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Meh. Guess he's here one more year and then walks or is traded at the deadline if we're out of it. Hope Lindy has the sense to not pair him with Power
Hes played then trade chip mid season/ deadline and they call up RyJo if they need to.

Hr still can get traded without an unknown arbitration hearing

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
Hes played then trade chip mid season/ deadline and they call up RyJo if they need to.

Great point, give RyJo at least half a season in Rochester and this would be the smart move to get a piece back for Joker at the opportune time.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
We've got two 3rd pair RHDs making over 3 million dollars. Shaking my damn head.
and just think of all the talent they are losing to that cap hit

Hr still can get traded without an unknown arbitration hearing
does exactly what people say they want adams to do, keep older players around to force younger players to earn spots

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
and just think of all the talent they are losing to that cap hit

does exactly what people say they want adams to do, keep older players around to force younger players to earn spots
RyJo played well to earn a spot. He can gain more experience playing top pair role.

I think Quinn is the only on waiver exempt for paper transactions till 55 iirc games played to allow for Levi or RyJo call up on occasion. Benson cant got Rochester

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Why the hell do people say he had a good season? I just didn't see it. He's had shitty metrics all these years and Kevyn keeps him going.

A: your English is improving because you’re now adding swears and in the proper context. B: Joker was fine last year as a whole. I’d prefer he decides he’s not gonna be an offensive dman, but he was alright. I had no complaints about his past year.

alehman42

Sponsor
Apr 13, 2015
I believe he'd be better used on the third pairing with Sammy. Power and Joker just do not compliment each other well, and it's annoying to watch.
Yeah, there's two things we've learned the hard way about this D corps:
Clifton cannot play on his off-side.
Jokiharju cannot be paired with Power.

They have 3 guys who play better on the right (Dahlin, Jokiharju, Clifton) and 3 who play better on the left (Byram, Power, Samuelsson). That would seem to make things easy...

Except I think pairing Power with Dahlin is less than ideal - that forces Dahlin to be the defensively responsible one, which limits his creative ability.

Which means I'm actually advocating for a Power-Clifton pairing. With either:
Samuelsson-Dahlin and Byram-Jokiharju, or
Byram-Dahlin and Samuelsson-Jokiharju.

I agree with everyone else who wanted to replace Jokiharju with a RHD who's better defensively, but the prices on those guys were bonkers (except, of course, the two who weren't available to Buffalo).

So I'm feeling pretty ok with this...but I hope to see some pairs of NHL defensemen tested out in preseason, rather than AHL-NHL pairs "just to get guys up to speed".

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
I believe he'd be better used on the third pairing with Sammy. Power and Joker just do not compliment each other well, and it's annoying to watch..
Hopefully fresh eyes will see the pairings. Dont forget the rotatiom w gilbert maybe playing more if he can flow and crush on each pairing , lindy has thisfigured and must be thrilled to have buy in after true entitlement in nj

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
Still rather have guy with a physical element who can play in the top4 instead of him, we just got one guy in Cobra who proved he can do it if he can stay healthy.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Still rather have guy with a physical element who can play in the top4 instead of him, we just got one guy in Cobra who proved he can do it if he can stay healthy.
Well, Dahlin plays a lot of physical play, as does Clifton. I'm not even sure Clifton was worse than Jokiharju and maybe he'll even play better with Ruff.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Seems pretty clear that as of now he is not in the Sabres long term plans, seeing as they gave him a 1yr deal that walks him to UFA.

I could still see him being traded at some point but if not, I will hope he looks better under Lindy than he did under Granato.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
Well, Dahlin plays a lot of physical play, as does Clifton. I'm not even sure Clifton was worse than Jokiharju and maybe he'll even play better with Ruff.
Sorry I meant Dahlin should be paired w someone who is D responsible not necessarily physical, after Sammy I dont see anyone fitting that bill.
Joker/Clifton are 3rd pairing/borderline top4, Power should be 2nd pair & I am not sure were Bryam fits?
Too many puck moving D/ LD in the top4.
Maybe someone could clarify my concern what pairs could work.

Reactions: BFLO

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Sorry I meant Dahlin should be paired w someone who is D responsible not necessarily physical, after Sammy I dont see anyone fitting that bill.
Joker/Clifton are 3rd pairing/borderline top4, Power should be 2nd pair & I am not sure were Bryam fits?
Too many puck moving D/ LD in the top4.
Maybe someone could clarify my concern what pairs could work.
Gotcha. Lindy said he saw Dahlin paired with Power or Sammy.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
The problem is that Dahlin-Jokiharju are an effective 5v5 pairing, Power-Jokiharju aren’t that jacks up the rest of the lineup.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
The problem is that Dahlin-Jokiharju are an effective 5v5 pairing, Power-Jokiharju aren’t that jacks up the rest of the lineup.
I'm pretty sure anyone can play with Dahlin & not look terrible.

I know it's only a one year deal - but I'm not a fan of this move. I'd rather trade Jokiharju for peanuts & have Johnson in the lineup instead.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012

I know it's only a one year deal - but I'm not a fan of this move. I'd rather trade Jokiharju for peanuts & have Johnson in the lineup instead.
Johnson signed in Philadelphia.

:biglaugh:

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018

In fact, I'm not even sure Joki would look better than Johnson, Gilbert or Bryson. We needed a better top 4 RD. Maybe with Lindy he will gain confidence and play better, but I'm not sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad