GDT: Sabres @ Pittsburgh 7 PM TV: TNT, truTV, Max Radio:WGR550

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
When you have two former #1 overall defenseman on the ice at the end of the game you should feel confident that you will finish the game off.

Unless you’re the Buffalo Sabres.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
If they fire adams now and hire some with experience maybe they can still save this season before the losses are to many
That might work for a head coach or maybe adding a player, but I doubt the replacement of a GM mid season moves the needle if at all in terms of the room impact. Just the nature of the game of hockey.

If any management changes happen during mid season it’s because of off-ice behavior more than anything. And I’d suspect if it happens, it would be closer to the middle of the season, so they can prepare a full tear town while getting an idea where changes need to be made. I doubt Buffalo plays that bad.

They are inconsistent, they aren’t exactly a terrible team. Changes will probably come in the offseason if they don’t make the playoffs.

Reactions: jc17

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
Cozens is starting to remind me of a forward version of Risto: The raw talent is clearly there but constantly makes awful decisions that make him a liability and I don't know if he's ever going to figure it out.
He reminds me of Mike Grier. Lean, will throw checks, fast as all be, gets a lot of opportunities but can't score the puck with his stone hands. I remember Grier getting breakaways and you knew there was nearly no chance he would score.

start winnin

NO MORE TANK BOYS
May 7, 2011
Buffalo
Going to see at the end of the year if this group has it, if we miss again maybe time to blow it up again LOL

Dahlin has been the biggest disappointment to me over Quinn, Cozens, etc, he has been so average. He is being paid to be a game breaker and I haven't seen anything from him.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003

Of course it was off sides, but conclusive evidence of this is needed, which is based on a visual inspection of the puck. Since you can't see the puck from this angle, I don't think the linesmen had the evidence they needed to establish off sides. This may be a flaw in the review process, or a result of review guidance provided by the league.

I'd be curious what the off sides review rule says or what the guidelines are around how the linesmen establish support for overturning the missed call.

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
If Jarry hadn't let in 3 softies this game was never close.

Refs were especially bad tonight. Almost like it was scripted to call a favorable game for Pittsburgh so that Crosby and Malkin could hit their milestones in front of a national tv audience on TNT.

Penguins absolutely dominated us on special teams. 5v5/EV was closer, but Penguins still pretty far ahead without the Jarry mirage.

Rapidly losing confidence in UPL... and Quinn... and Sammy. Confidence remains lost on Cozens.

Benson was mostly invisible outside of that breakaway.

Mcleod and Greenway had good games. I guess that's a positive.

edit: My DVR cut off with about about 7 minutes remaining. So I read the GDT to get a feel for what happened.

Reactions: K8fool

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
It's ridiculous. And the fact that the broadcast crew pinpointed the moment it was offsides while telling viewers it was inconclusive was incompetent

It's never on one guy but UPL made like 1 stop. The crease is slipping away from him.
This was a fooked nhl gift to the Sidney turd and Malian. We , the Sabres acted like it was over at 3 to 1. As if they didn’t care or knew the game wasn’t worth the effort. Very odd . Upl really didn’t step up and our D didn’t help keep shots to the outside.
Pitt , namely the top two lines do have some excellent set plays and pass deflections on the power plays we could learn from. We are a better team but didn’t care enough the prove it hitting and finishing over 60 min.
We deserved the loss even though Lindy and staff nailed to offside . This was a nonchalant Granato effort a lot more f the night instead of punishing a lazy old Pitt team and stepping on their neck instead caving to the nhl scripted milestones narrative.

I hope we’re fughin good enough to give one away

Peterka is a star. Cozens probably needs ten games before judging him as he is a small town 23 going on an emotional 19 or twenty. Thompson is a great player that will get better every night Quinn I always thought was better than peterka and apparently will take time probably needs McLeod at center away from cozens energy. Greenway , if he can play 70 games like he has is a Star. Our next Thompson. Wow
Dahlin is nicked but offensively looking better Bryan had a unimpactful game . We need hitting and Pitt folds. Again wasn’t in farewell script. I love Gilbert game. Someone sits hopefully.
Throw this rigged bs away and we’ll see who we freaking are at Columbus. I can’t watch that shite from last night too many times , 82 games or not. F that
Levi looks more engaged to start If we give up 5 and two leads we should lose on principal and I don’t need to watch.

I’ll roofie myself and forget that 4 hours and rest for Ohio and Illinois and see if delicate 500 is achievable on the road. We are the better team the past three but are 1 1 and 1.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018

Refs were especially bad tonight. Almost like it was scripted to call a favorable game for Pittsburgh so that Crosby and Malkin could hit their milestones in front of a national tv audience on TNT.

Penguins absolutely dominated us on special teams. 5v5/EV was closer, but Penguins still pretty far ahead without the Jarry mirage.

Rapidly losing confidence in UPL... and Quinn... and Sammy. Confidence remains lost on Cozens.

Benson was mostly invisible outside of that breakaway.

Mcleod and Greenway had good games. I guess that's a positive.

edit: My DVR cut off with about about 7 minutes remaining. So I read the GDT to get a feel for what happened.
Yes. Imagine how it must feel as a player . Might explain man if the no shows and complete lack a physicality , nothing like last two in Buffalo. This league of the star of rempham is killing itself like all entertainment sports. Anything false kills those who believe. Your post is incredibly important. Thank you.

Throw this fook in turd away and if they play hard and hit in Columbus and Chicago , I’ll know the team is with us slaves and no matter the result I want real hockey like the two in Buffalo or fuggit.

You are spot on

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005

This post sponsored by Draft Kings. Draft Kings, because **** you, that's why.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Cozens is starting to remind me of a forward version of Risto: The raw talent is clearly there but constantly makes awful decisions that make him a liability and I don't know if he's ever going to figure it out.
There is a difference I think. Cozens gets so in his own head. It ends up getting him playing hesitant and kills his confidence. Risto was confidently terrible.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
I truly needed to here everyone’s take on this bs game. Thank you for most here getting it right.

We have a good team w Ruff

I enjoy hockey 1973 to whenever… 60 min. I always thought wwf wwe was a waste of my time, I was amazed by Andre the giant. F scripted metaphor.

I’ll try again tonight and Chicago. I’ll find something else to do on nationality televised garbage nights. Shame really

I think we all have to retract our CONSENT to anything other than truth.

By the way. Bass doesn’t suck. The nfl does.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I canceled mine after last season. I'm not glad to say this, but my life is better when I'm not following the Sabres. I wonder how many lifelong fans like me have been lost in the last decade.
Yeah. I just don't have the patience this season. They've already dug themselves into quite the hole. Only getting 3 of 10 pts is killer for a team whose ceiling was likely the WC. Odds of them making the playoffs are looking bleak already.

So, I'll tune in every once in a while like I did last season until they show some consitency in stacking points. It sucks because hockey is so much fun to watch when the Sabres are a good team, but that hasn't been the case for a while.

Tonight I'll be getting into spooky season by watching scary movies and playing dead space rather than watching the team. I still loathe this core, though Thompson and Peterka are looking like keepers atleast.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Have the Sabres hired a Sports Psychologist yet ?
1729170207674.png

Last edited:

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
It's ridiculous. And the fact that the broadcast crew pinpointed the moment it was offsides while telling viewers it was inconclusive was incompetent

It's never on one guy but UPL made like 1 stop. The crease is slipping away from him.
The broadcast crew was up the Pens ass all game. It was a site to behold. Oh well, it's not like the Sabres have done a damn thing in the past decade to deserve respect from this league.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Of course it was off sides, but conclusive evidence of this is needed, which is based on a visual inspection of the puck. Since you can't see the puck from this angle, I don't think the linesmen had the evidence they needed to establish off sides. This may be a flaw in the review process, or a result of review guidance provided by the league.

I'd be curious what the off sides review rule says or what the guidelines are around how the linesmen establish support for overturning the missed call.
I agree. I even said during the review it was ridiculous they were taking so much time. If it’s that hard to tell the goal should just count. I don’t like reviews.

I’d also say it’s fairly ridiculous that officials are looking at a tablet when the war room could break it down on huge screens.

Last edited:

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY

I dunno, I was kinda thinking the same... but the Sabres came out swinging and only really let up once they were up by 2-3 and Blomqvist brick walled all of the very, very good chances they were creating.

The problem is this group really can't let up at all because they don't know how to play defense and get demoralized too easily.

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
Going to see at the end of the year if this group has it, if we miss again maybe time to blow it up again LOL

Dahlin has been the biggest disappointment to me over Quinn, Cozens, etc, he has been so average. He is being paid to be a game breaker and I haven't seen anything from him.

Dahlin is not how most view him as. He simply lacks the intelligence to be one of the best in the NHL, and he always is making dumb plays.

It's as if he is a more talented version of Risto

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Have the Sabres hired a Sports Psychologist yet ?
View attachment 917708

Team Sports Psychologist Amanda Edwards

Dr. Desaree Festa Team Sport Psychologist

Both the Sabres and Bills have their own sports psychologist.

Reactions: ValJamesDuex

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
When you have two former #1 overall defenseman on the ice at the end of the game you should feel confident that you will finish the game off.

Unless you’re the Buffalo Sabres.
Or a goaltender who could make a save when needed. UPL controls the puck, and there's no issue.

UPL was fighting things all night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad