GDT: Sabres @ Pittsburgh 7 PM TV: TNT, truTV, Max Radio:WGR550

KeyserSoze81

Mar 1, 2007
Rochester, NY
When does Lindy start thinking he got sold a bill goods by Adams/Pegula ?

Stuck with Appert for power play coach

Bunch of dummies who melt under pressure

I hope he makes it through a full season
From experience, I can tell you that patience wears thin pretty quickly when returning to a shit show a second time.
If this was a real league like the NFL or NBA the league would call the Sabres tomorrow and apologize for the blown offside review.
No apologies, there was a memo that circulated before the season. Offsides are allowed in that specific situation. No further questions.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
I think my ESPN+ sub just refreshed. When its up for renewal in a month or so I'll have a decision to make. Is this team worth paying to watch?

They're 1-4. Your record is what you are.
I think they're better than that, but I don't blame you

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
He's getting shots, he's getting chances. Quinn is the bigger worry. Stopping up a few feet over the blueline and curling away from traffic is no way to go through NHL life.
Which is not Quinn's usual motto, which makes me think he is nursing something like Tuch was last year. Cozens though has been battling the same demons for almost two full seasons now. I need to outdoor game Cozens where he was hitting shit, generating chances and being a PITA to play against. He is a slower processing Krebs right now and he is being given PP/PK and regular 5v5 min. Id put him with Laff and Malenstyn and see if that jars anything.

I'd also like them to try and find a heavy that can play 10 min, they need someone to spark them out of their trance.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
2 years ago we had one of the top PP units what the hell happened that the coaches can't figure out what can work on the PP?
We really need to stop thinking the outlier season is who they are, when we’ve had many more seasons showing consistently who they really are.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
2 years ago we had one of the top PP units what the hell happened that the coaches can't figure out what can work on the PP?

Every other team in the league adapted to stopping the point-to-Thompson one-timer. They weren't even good that entire season, after the turn of the year, they were one of the worst PP's in the league. They still are.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Club

zach benson real estate.
Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
Well we shoulda won this one BEING UP 3-0 & AGAINST A BACK-UP GOALIE. But I'll take the point. Undeserved. But I'll take it.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
How long before it’s full on panic? Thanksgiving?

This team needed a good start in the worst way, and still can’t beat the penguins and their 100 year old core. The 06-07 Sabres might be able to beat this team right now. The mental softness is incredible.
I don't even think they're that soft across the board. 3rd and 4th line certainly not, physically or mentally.

1st line has some ups and downs, 2nd line bleh

But we need to see some accountability with the young guys soon. Why the hell should greenway keep running through walls if cozens will inevitably throw it away. Why should malenstyn keep being a pain on the forecheck if samuelsson will just lose a man in transition?

It's not over yet, but it will be if the guys playing well are given reasons to stop caring, or feel their work is futile

Reactions: kirby11

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I'd sit Quinn for Kulich tomorrow and move Cozens down the lineup, or at least yank him off the powerplay. He's short-circuiting plays on the man advantage left and right, and might be the least physically imposing 6'3 player in the league for a guy his age. Would def. also consider benching Sammy for Gilbert, he's been mediocre at best and often downright bad.

The annoying thing is how often the Sabres' poor sequences result in GAs, but great chances for them don't actually change the score. They had that 5 minute sequence in the second where they had two mini breakaways and a one timer blast from a two on one and got nothing to show for it. And then JJ got robbed on a second breakaway. Against this year's version of UPL, at least two of those chances would've been guaranteed goals.

Steddy33

Jan 7, 2012
I'd sit Quinn for Kulich tomorrow and move Cozens down the lineup, or at least yank him off the powerplay. He's short-circuiting plays on the man advantage left and right, and might be the least physically imposing 6'3 player in the league for a guy his age. Would def. also consider benching Sammy for Gilbert, he's been mediocre at best and often downright bad.

The annoying thing is how often the Sabres' poor sequences result in GAs, but great chances for them don't actually change the score. They had that 5 minute sequence in the second where they had two mini breakaways and a one timer blast from a two on one and got nothing to show for it. And then JJ got robbed on a second breakaway. Against this year's version of UPL, at least two of those chances would've been guaranteed goals.
Have to agree. Quinn deserves to sit and Cozens should be at wing at the least.

When fire adams ?
Last season when he didn't fire the coach.

Reactions: MagnumForce2

Willgamesh

Jan 31, 2019
How long before it’s full on panic? Thanksgiving?

This team needed a good start in the worst way, and still can’t beat the penguins and their 100 year old core. The 06-07 Sabres might be able to beat this team right now. The mental softness is incredible.
For me it was the Kings game.

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
When you are the biggest failure of an organization in hockey history and hire a new coach almost none of the assistants should be retained, so of course we went out and did the exact opposite. I'm pretty sure if they found a local high school coach and put him in charge of the power play it couldn't possibly be any worse.

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
I think my ESPN+ sub just refreshed. When its up for renewal in a month or so I'll have a decision to make. Is this team worth paying to watch?

They're 1-4. Your record is what you are.
I canceled mine after last season. I'm not glad to say this, but my life is better when I'm not following the Sabres. I wonder how many lifelong fans like me have been lost in the last decade.

Reactions: Chainshot

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
When you are the biggest failure of an organization in hockey history and hire a new coach almost none of the assistants should be retained, so of course we went out and did the exact opposite. I'm pretty sure if they found a local high school coach and put him in charge of the power play it couldn't possibly be any worse.

If the plan for the PP was to enter the zone and take a shot on goal the moment you have a somewhat clean look without setting up at all it would be better, and that was true last year. Basically if they pretended it was 5v5 it would be better, which is just sad.

Reactions: sabremike

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad