GDT: Sabres @ Pittsburgh 7 PM TV: TNT, truTV, Max Radio:WGR550

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
If Lindy didn’t get to pick his assistants like most believe…not only should Adams be fired for it…but Lindy should be allowed to clean house tonight
Alpert was arrogant talking about the PP too. Like it was going to be easily fixed with scheme changes and not feeding Tage.

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
Lindy

"Puck management in the 2nd was horrible"

"we weren't strong enough around our net"

"we didn't handle the pressure well"

Welcome home Lindy!
"I dressed Jack Quinn."

Give McLeod more ice time.
Give Quinn a seat.
Figure out wtf is going on with the PP.

Refs worked their asses off giving this game away. Good point to get.
Getting two quick goals in the 3rd was impressive for this bunch. That's definitely something to build on. Let's hope they keep putting in the work to keep this season from getting away.

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
1st and 3rd line can stay, 4th line Lafferty Kübel malenstyn. Rebuild the 2nd line with Krebs between Benson and Cozens. Don't question me just f***ing do it.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
McLeod's line continues to look good at 5-on-5. They have a clear issue with their PKing RD again/still. After being 48%/52% on draws after 1 period (10 wins on 21 draws), they got ripped the rest of the night (15 wins on the remaining 45) to finish with just 38% at the dot. Woof. Issues with PKing? Constantly getting stove in on the draw would be a thing.

They can't afford to have the kiddy hour on the 2nd line again. This was part of what killed them last year.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Give McLeod more ice time.
Give Quinn a seat.
Figure out wtf is going on with the PP.

Refs worked their asses off giving this game away. Good point to get.

I mean, the PP only got one chance. I still think PP2 should get more time and PP1 should take a seat for now. They're still trying to force Thompson from the left circle and everyone sits on it. They're still afraid to shoot in and have to win a puck battle to regain possession.

The PK is hurting because they roll out a succession of shitty options as the RD on the PK -- Jokiharju not tying up his man *again* on a goal mouth play on one, Clifton letting a pass across on the GWG, even Power not eliminating his man, just eliminating his stick so he couldn't get to Rackell on the GTG. All three were on the right side a man down and it was not good.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
Give the lil babies there BS ot . win. I’ll take the point . At the pens won’t cry w three of the worst call ever on their history aarp night.

Oh you'd be surprised. My friend with the debilitating condition of Penguins Fandom is still complaining how Buffalo got away with everything tonight and were lucky the penalties were ONLY 5-1.

I was gonna beat this bum by 10 strokes at golf Sunday; I'll make it 15 or 20 just for that.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Man, NST's 5-on-5 numbers and Thompson's line chewed up the Pens tonight. McLeod's converted twice but lost the possession game. Cozens' line was relatively even in shots/attempts but gave up more HD stuff and only generated 4 shots total while giving up a goal.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
This was a point they would not have gotten last season. Not folding after Geno"s 500 is progress

Yeah, these are the sort of games they probably fold and don't even get the single point. Yet at this time, they really need to figure out how to close out games, even if it against the constant specter of a team like the Pens who have seemingly owned them for so long.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
When does Lindy start thinking he got sold a bill goods by Adams/Pegula ?

Stuck with Appert for power play coach

Bunch of dummies who melt under pressure

I hope he makes it through a full season

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Man, NST's 5-on-5 numbers and Thompson's line chewed up the Pens tonight. McLeod's converted twice but lost the possession game. Cozens' line was relatively even in shots/attempts but gave up more HD stuff and only generated 4 shots total while giving up a goal.
At the end of the day, special teams continues to kill this team. An average PP and PK is quite literally all they need to be right in the thick of things.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad