GDT: Sabres @ Pittsburgh 7 PM TV: TNT, truTV, Max Radio:WGR550

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
We worked ,should be up 4 to 1 but I don’t understand the whining.

Only criticism , we cannot relax against Pitt until we are up 4 or 5 goals. Why would you want to.

We are getting complacent after goals. Most aren’t though. Pour it on check and dominate puck battles and we might be alright , always tough here. Until 60 min is up.

Go Buffalo

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
This national broadcast goes to every commercial break showing Pitt scoring and celebrating in a game they are down 3-1 and the entire break was spent talking about the Penguins in the first person as if this crew was on the team.

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
These segments where the TNT crew grab sticks and stand around the net is sooooo cringe.
Are goalie gloves really that huge these days? I guess when you see one while the goalie is wearing the rest of the gear it doesn't stand out.

But... damn that glove was big. (thats what she said?)

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
It wasn't so bad. Well, when Henrik was talking anyways. Bizz is just bleh.
not a bizz fan but hes at least got the personality to carry a segment, hank I like as the straight man, but the host didnt get the memo that hes supposed to be charismatic

Cirris

Nov 10, 2006
Crackport
Are goalie gloves really that huge these days? I guess when you see one while the goalie is wearing the rest of the gear it doesn't stand out.

But... damn that glove was big. (thats what she said?)

yep. something like 18" from tip to wrist blocker.

and i swear some of them cheat it to 20+"

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Who's looked good / bad?

Benson when in has looked good. Kulich too. Greenway has been their best forward for a few games in a row. Power's been making things happen with puck moving and hasn't been overwhelmed physically. McLeod and Krebs (filling in for Benson/Peterka on the top line) have had some good moments too.

Bad? We've been dumping on Tuch still but he's putting up points. Cozens is one of the league leaders in shots but nothing has dropped. Quinn was kinda AWOL but has been more impactful.

Reactions: Gabrielor

Push Dr Tracksuit

Jun 9, 2012
swap the host of this show with someone who has some sarcasm, or you gotta swap out hank and i like hank

Crosby Crosby Crosby ooo that crosby crosby love me some crosby crosby

meanwhile 3-1 buffalo

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Surprised they are close on faceoffs since usually the Penguins destroy them there. They have gotten a lot better there.

Jimmybarndoor2

Jul 24, 2021
Benson when in has looked good. Kulich too. Greenway has been their best forward for a few games in a row. Power's been making things happen with puck moving and hasn't been overwhelmed physically. McLeod and Krebs (filling in for Benson/Peterka on the top line) have had some good moments too.

Bad? We've been dumping on Tuch still but he's putting up points. Cozens is one of the league leaders in shots but nothing has dropped. Quinn was kinda AWOL but has been more impactful.
Like Benson but he has been invisible

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
They just fawned over the one Pitt highlight and then hyped the late game.

I’m not convinced they know who Pitt is playing or the score of that game
They're treating it like a Globetrotters game where Pitt is the only team to be talked about and taken seriously :rolleyes:

It's been that way with national broadcasts for years though. This isn't new. And not for nothing, Buffalo is supposed to be the part of the Washington Generals.
Hahaha I just said the same thing

Reactions: Chainshot

Push Dr Tracksuit

Jun 9, 2012
It's been that way with national broadcasts for years though. This isn't new. And not for nothing, Buffalo is supposed to be the part of the Washington Generals.
then you should talk about them now knowing pitt is supposed to make the comeback

but you sound like a bunch of assholes talking about what a great leader crosby is when the sabres scored 10 secs later

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Even the one guy in the broadcast who just tried to say we had to get some credit dismissed a couple goals as lucky. I guess Tage didn’t do any work behind the net to win that puck and Greenway didn’t have a nice shot and god knows that whole breakout by Tuch and resulting 2 on 1 was no skill whatsoever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad