Confirmed with Link: Sabres open 2024-25 season in Prague, Czechia vs NJ Devils + Preseason game vs RB Munich

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
So, with the team saying they're taking over 27 players, I think we'll have the following:

Forwards:
Aube-Kubel
Benson
Cozens
Greenway
Krebs
Kulich (Czech, first call-up)
Lafferty
Malenstyn
McLeod
Peterka
Quinn
Rousek (14th forward, Czech)
Thompson
Tuch
Zucker

Defensemen:
Bryson
Byram
Clifton
Dahlin (C)
Gilbert
Jokiharju
Power
Samuelsson

Goalies:
Levi
Luukkonen
Reimer

That's 26. I wonder who they will pick as the 27th...Rosen? RyJo?

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
So, with the team saying they're taking over 27 players, I think we'll have the following:

Forwards:
Aube-Kubel
Benson
Cozens
Greenway
Krebs
Lafferty
Malenstyn
McLeod
Peterka
Quinn
Thompson
Tuch
Zucker

Defensemen:
Bryson
Byram
Clifton
Dahlin (C)
Gilbert
Jokiharju
Power
Samuelsson

Goalies:
Levi
Luukkonen
Reimer

I'm thinking another (9th) D.

Reactions: elchud

elchud

Nov 1, 2015

Forwards:
Aube-Kubel
Benson
Cozens
Greenway
Krebs
Lafferty
Malenstyn
McLeod
Peterka
Quinn
Thompson
Tuch
Zucker

Defensemen:
Bryson
Byram
Clifton
Dahlin (C)
Gilbert
Jokiharju
Power
Samuelsson

Goalies:
Levi
Luukkonen
Reimer

This is the deepest roster we've had since Ruff left. And the most talented.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
If they bring 9 defensemen I could see them bringing Clague instead of Ryan Johnson.

Will allow Ryan to play more (exhibition) games.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
@Aladyyn, @Chainshot

How were the prices for the tickets you bought recently? Any cheaper than the initial release? I haven't completely ruled out going to Saturday's game if i can get a cheap ticket at the last minute.

Also to @Aladyyn (and any other Czech guys reading this who might know Prague) - can you recommend a good place in town to watch it on TV? Thanks in advance.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
@Aladyyn, @Chainshot

How were the prices for the tickets you bought recently? Any cheaper than the initial release? I haven't completely ruled out going to Saturday's game if i can get a cheap ticket at the last minute.

Also to @Aladyyn (and any other Czech guys reading this who might know Prague) - can you recommend a good place in town to watch it on TV? Thanks in advance.
Mine was for 245 USD, it was I believe on of the middle tier tickets that's not way out but also not on the lower level.

I'm afraid I won't be of much help regarding Prague, I'm not really familiar with the city beyond the basics.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Mine was for 245 USD, it was I believe on of the middle tier tickets that's not way out but also not on the lower level.

I'm afraid I won't be of much help regarding Prague, I'm not really familiar with the city beyond the basics.
Appreciate the quick response. Sounds more or less the same as mine for the Friday game which i got on the initial release.

It sucks that they are so expensive but i can't blame the league or the arena if the demand is there.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
@Aladyyn, @Chainshot

I did some price research and wasn’t finding anything below 225 USD, but my son apparently found four at 125. Those are the ones he bought.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
I did some price research and wasn’t finding anything below 225 USD, but my son apparently found four at 125. Those are the ones he bought.
He definitely got lucky there. Hope he has a good time. Is he spending much time in Europe while he's over?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
He definitely got lucky there. Hope he has a good time. Is he spending much time in Europe while he's over?

I'm telling other's stories, but the original plan was for him and his bestie to visit his bestie's GF who is doing study abroad this semester in Prague. So they have a landing place and someone who's been living there for about a month. This will be his sixth or seventh country visited and he had the time we spent living in Costa Rica as experience to fall back on for a longer stay. I think they're going for about 10 days - he told me the departure and return and my memory is just not finding it. :biglaugh:

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
I'm telling other's stories, but the original plan was for him and his bestie to visit his bestie's GF who is doing study abroad this semester in Prague. So they have a landing place and someone who's been living there for about a month. This will be his sixth or seventh country visited and he had the time we spent living in Costa Rica as experience to fall back on for a longer stay. I think they're going for about 10 days - he told me the departure and return and my memory is just not finding it. :biglaugh:
Sounds good. I wondered if he was over for long enough to properly visit a few different countries but it sounds like he's best staying in Prague in his situation. He can easily do day trips to other places if he wants.

rtfirefly

Nov 13, 2013
@Aladyyn, @Chainshot

A good spot to check out in Prague is a beerhall/restaurant called u fleku. It's been there for 4 or 5 hundred years. Last time I was there (some years ago) dinner cost $2.75. It's higher now I expect.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
A good spot to check out in Prague is a beerhall/restaurant called u fleku. It's been there for 4 or 5 hundred years. Last time I was there (some years ago) dinner cost $2.75. It's higher now I expect.
Appreciate this recommendation. My experience is that nowhere is close to being as cheap as it was 10-15 years ago particularly in the old Eastern bloc

This place is not far from where I'll be staying though so I'll definitely check it out even if it's for just a drink.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
@Aladyyn, @Chainshot

Going to ping @Czechboy here. I don't know if he's from Prague or knows Prague well, but he's SUPER into the Czech national team and all things Czech prospects.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad