Speculation: Sabres may look to acquire goalie via trade or waivers

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
So goofing around aside, do Sabres fans think their ownership and/or management is desperate enough to trade their 2nd for Antti Raanta if the Coyotes retain the maximum on Raanta and agree to accept a small cap dump?

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
So goofing around aside, do Sabres fans think their ownership and/or management is desperate enough to trade their 2nd for Antti Raanta if the Coyotes retain the maximum on Raanta and agree to accept a small cap dump?
I see it being Montour for Raanta.

rt

May 13, 2004
I see it being Montour for Raanta.
I just don’t really see the point of adding Montour. Why would Arizona want him? I could see why Buffalo might want Raanta. But I don’t really know why Arizona would want Montour. Jason Demers has been a regular healthy scratch and I don’t really see Montour as much of an upgrade on Demers.

It’s nice that the cap hits work out for Raanta and Montour. And Raanta seems like an okay option for Buffalo. But I’m not seeing a good fit for Montour in Arizona. Maybe the Yotes add their 4th and the Sabres add their 2nd?

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
I just don’t really see the point of adding Montour. Why would Arizona want him? I could see why Buffalo might want Raanta. But I don’t really know why Arizona would want Montour. Jason Demers has been a regular healthy scratch and I don’t really see Montour as much of an upgrade on Demers.

It’s nice that the cap hits work out for Raanta and Montour. And Raanta seems like an okay option for Buffalo. But I’m not seeing a good fit for Montour in Arizona. Maybe the Yotes add their 4th and the Sabres add their 2nd?
Not sure where it came from but I saw somewhere that the Yotes were interested in Montour.
I'll look it up.

rt

May 13, 2004
Not sure where it came from but I saw somewhere that the Yotes were interested in Montour.
I'll look it up.
In the recent 31 Thoughts, Elliotte Friedman stated that Montour is available. He then stated later that Arizona could be looking to add some players in an effort to make a playoff push and overcome some negativity surrounding the team. He mentioned they were in the market for a center, that they had checked in on Pearson, and that they might look into Montour as he's available (but the Montour part was wholly speculative, and just a call back to an earlier thought were it was mentioned he was available).

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012

I don't know what kind of system Arizona plays, but Montour could be a really solid middle pairing guy on a team that lets its D rush the puck. Krueger is stubbornly hellbent on not letting his D skate the puck end-to-end, and it completely neuters the best part of D like Montour and Dahlin.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad