Sabres Head Coach Search 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Wow, suddenly, I hope it's not Martin. Tippett and Keefe are my favorites, Vellucci, Boucher, Boughner and Nelson are just below.

Reactions: Fearnot

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
um to the people saying not to blame Botterill if coaches decide to sign with other teams - have you not considered the real possibility that some prospective coaches have taken a look at what Botterill has done and decided there are better situations for themselves?

Reactions: Buffalo Norsemen

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
The Pegulas must be looked at as a joke around the league.

ya think?

D6H_7nKW0AA7kR8.jpg

Reactions: Buffalo Norsemen

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
You and others say that, but you'll be right back within a month of any hire.

Besides, half the hockey world wanted to call Housley the greatest hire ever when he was hired. Whoever takes this job, I'll give them the benefit of a year to see what happens

I haven’t lived in Buffalo in decades, and the team my town is rebuilding the right way, without incompetent owners and GM. You’re probably right but I truly feel like I’ve hit my limit at this point

Plus, we have Lindy Ruff on staff :)

Reactions: Chainshot

NEcoli

Apr 13, 2014
What makes you think Botts has any interest in Keefe?

They have competition for the two candidates they're reported to covet - Martin and Tippett. The fact that they haven't hired anyone yet suggests there's someone they like enough to wait for, even if it means potentially losing out on those other two. Among the group of coaches still working, Keefe and Richards make the most sense.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
What makes you think Botts has any interest in Keefe?

Dreger and Friedman have both 'loosely' speculated that the Sabres 'may' be interested.

There haven't been any leaks out of Bills or Sabres land since Brandon was fired, so no one really knows what's going on behind the scenes though.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
um to the people saying not to blame Botterill if coaches decide to sign with other teams - have you not considered the real possibility that some prospective coaches have taken a look at what Botterill has done and decided there are better situations for themselves?

It's a possibility, but without being in the room or confirmed information, why waste your anger and negative thoughts on only possible situations that aren't confirmed. I'm all for getting mad about our GM doing something, or not doing something (not firing a head coach when it's obvious it's needed for example), but to get upset about something that isn't confirmed is pretty sad and useless.

If Botts' pitch for the Sabres coaching is subpar and terrible (something that is very plausible) then he shouldn't be the GM, but I have not seen anything that says this so it's not worth getting worried about, and I'm not going to hold it against a plausible situation against him. When he hires a new coach, I will provide my opinion on that hire. Until then, I will comment on his player signings, coaching hires, and other moves when they happen and are confirmed.

Reactions: Mit Yarrum

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
Everyone that comes here gets paid well and treated well. It’s not their fault the people they’ve hired haven’t been able to do a proper job.
You can feel the Pegula hype fading. I also think the budget has changed. No more blank checks.

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
Dodget a bullet with grönborg. He is not very good.

Roger Rönnberg is the swe coach that deserves a nhl chance.

Reactions: Chainshot

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Everyone that comes here gets paid well and treated well. It’s not their fault the people they’ve hired haven’t been able to do a proper job.

But they don’t just arrive here out of thin air, they’re brought here and hired. Bringing in the right people is a definite skill and Pegula’s are very bad at it.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Vogl had a text from Grönborg stating "NHL teams" want a couch with NHL experience. That seems to indicate the guy had informal discussions.

That said, it was reported a while back that Grönborg and his wife were moving to Switzerland, so it's possible the ZSC deal was in the works and he made a gambit to get to the NHL with the Swiss job as a fallback. Helluva fallback plan... Zurich is amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad