GDT: Sabres @ Hawks 10/19/24 7pm Chsn

belfour30

Blackhawks Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
Nah. This is a more recent thing. I have skated at the UC a bunch of times. The temperature in the building and at ice level is just too high now. You can tell the difference just when you attend a game. I don't dare wear a sweatshirt or hoodie when I go to games nowadays, and used to do that for every game.

I'm guessing they need maintenance/replacement on their HVAC systems and the chillers, or they intentionally stopped keeping the temperature lower for whatever reason.
Maybe the crap ice when they're a crappy team is an attempt to level the playing field.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
The faults were not Soda.. ratger:

1.Hall lazily watches his check from behind instead of hustling to back-check onThompson who as we alk know if left free can shoot and score with his shot.

2 Double deflection goal last off Kaiser ...nothing Soda coukd do...unlucky ricochet..

3.Overall ..Hawks quite insipid most shifts in the period...need to forecheck hard and physically battle and ge to-zone possessions...not just play 3/4 effort and cruising speed ...more like Hawks punchingva clock and just waiting for something goid to hapoen rather than take it to the opps and create chances with want .

Very disappointing Hawks period...not takibg advantage of home crowd energy...but silencing the crowd with insipid play ..

Gotta show more want,man!

Callidusblackhawk

Feb 15, 2012
Downers Grove, Illinois
Nah. This is a more recent thing. I have skated at the UC a bunch of times. The temperature in the building and at ice level is just too high now. You can tell the difference just when you attend a game. I don't dare wear a sweatshirt or hoodie when I go to games nowadays, and used to do that for every game.

I'm guessing they need maintenance/replacement on their HVAC systems and the chillers, or they intentionally stopped keeping the temperature lower for whatever reason.
I'll take your word for it that its worse in recent years but with the UC being a shared building and constantly having concerts and such the ice has always been pretty bad imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad