Confirmed with Link: Sabres have signed Lawrence Pilut (LD, HV71)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Any chance McCabe bounces back? A couple years ago he had a bright future. Maybe he had some rough personal stuff this past year.
He had a nagging injury then a surgery. It’s always possible, but the guy is a complete airhead so I wouldn’t bank on it.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Goalie being the key one.

Defense and forwards are important talk, but you wanna talk about a position bare of future talent, it’s goalie.

Agreed. All of the Sabres potential D, including Pilut, regardless of level, may need to be good at fishing pucks out of his own net if it isn't addressed.

Reactions: MagnumForce2

krt88nc

Oct 7, 2017
Fayetteville, NC
If we sign Pilut, we have a ton of defensmen:

Dahlin, Scandella, Ristolainen, McCabe, Bogogisian, Nelson, Beaulieu, Guhle, Antipin (RFA)

OK, who goes?

Guhle can go back to Rochester if needed but you'd think they would want him in the lineup.

Do we waive Beaulieu? You can't trade Bogo and his white elephant contract. McCabe should have some value.

If I could I think I'd trade ROR and MaCabe to the Canes for Noah Hanifin and Jeff Skinner. The salary cap number is somewhat balanced. Obvious risk here because Skinner has the concussion history but he's a quick skilled winger we could use and Hanifin adds more upside than McCabe.

ANyhow, should be interesting to see how they make this work.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
If we sign Pilut, we have a ton of defensmen:

Dahlin, Scandella, Ristolainen, McCabe, Bogogisian, Nelson, Beaulieu, Guhle, Antipin (RFA)

OK, who goes?

Guhle can go back to Rochester if needed but you'd think they would want him in the lineup.

Do we waive Beaulieu? You can't trade Bogo and his white elephant contract. McCabe should have some value.

If I could I think I'd trade ROR and MaCabe to the Canes for Noah Hanifin and Jeff Skinner. The salary cap number is somewhat balanced. Obvious risk here because Skinner has the concussion history but he's a quick skilled winger we could use and Hanifin adds more upside than McCabe.

ANyhow, should be interesting to see how they make this work.
Guhle and Pilut start in Rochester. Antipin signs in the KHL. Beaulieu stays as depth.

Scandella - Ristolainen
Dahlin - Bogosian
McCabe - Nelson
Beaulieu

Guhle, Pilut, and Borgen developing in Rochester. All of a sudden defense looks strong. Hopefully Bogosian can give us 60+ games next year.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Guhle and Pilut start in Rochester. Antipin signs in the KHL. Beaulieu stays as depth.

Scandella - Ristolainen
Dahlin - Bogosian
McCabe - Nelson
Beaulieu

Guhle, Pilut, and Borgen developing in Rochester. All of a sudden defense looks strong. Hopefully Bogosian can give us 60+ games next year.

I would generally agree with this but hope for one addition at the expense of Bogo/McCabe/Beaulieu. I'd love to lose all three but that isn't realistic. Getting rid of 2 is a possibility one almost a certainty.

This wont be popular but regardless of signing pilut i don't see where Antipin fits. Wonder if his RFA rights are worth anything to another NHL team?

Reactions: Professor Chaos

Weltschmerz

Front Running Fan
Apr 22, 2007

Scandella - Ristolainen
Dahlin - Bogosian
McCabe - Nelson
Beaulieu

So the top defenseman from the SHL is on the Amerks? Wonder how long or if he even signs.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Zach Bogosian played 18 games last year and was a minus 9.

Can we pencil him in for anywhere in the world other than expected to be a Sabre?

Please?

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Zach Bogosian played 18 games last year and was a minus 9.

Can we pencil him in for anywhere in the world other than expected to be a Sabre?

Please?

yea, he and McCabe were a tire fire together.... they are basically the same player, so one has got to go.

Reactions: Chainshot

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida

Scandella - Ristolainen
Dahlin - Bogosian
McCabe - Nelson
Beaulieu

Sign De Haan
Sign Pateryn

DeHaan-Dahlin
Scandella-Risto
Guhle-Pateryn
x McCabe, Nelson

buh bye BogoBeaulieu

Give DeHaan the longer contract... so we can transition from Scandella to DeHaan in 2 years...

Guhle-Dahlin
DeHaan-Risto
XXXX-XXXX

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
I don't think the Sabres are going to sign the top SHL defenseman and send him to the AHL. Seems a bit ridiculous.

Reactions: Icicle

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I don't think the Sabres are going to sign the top SHL defenseman and send him to the AHL. Seems a bit ridiculous.

Given that Phil will probably relegate him to the pressbox in favor of worse options...maybe the ahl wouldn't be so bad to start.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Given that Phil will probably relegate him to the pressbox in favor of worse options...maybe the ahl wouldn't be so bad to start.
Did he do this with Nelson? No. Did he do this with Tennyson? No. Did he do this with Redmond? No.

Antipin had known communication problems. He was the only one who rode the bench like that.

Based upon history, this is a hot take to make.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
It’s really not.

Using Tennyson is proving my point. He was AWFUL. Beaulieu was AWFUL. McCabe was AWFUL But he refused to play a guy who wasn’t awful because he was the one transitioning to the league.

Sound familiar to what I said?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad