Confirmed with Link: Sabres: Embedded on the 2024 Draft and the opening of Free Agency drops 7/30/2024 @ 7pm

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Boy, I've just had enough of Kevin Adams. He is just hallow talking point after hallow talking point. No wonder this team has been so directionless.
I mean…the guy is completely unqualified and his decision to take the last few years off from roster building has set them back again and again…but this year he laid out an actual plan on things he identified as needs…a total overhaul of the identity of the bottom six…and he then went out and did exactly that. He fired a coach he shouldn’t have extended to bring in a very different and more successful coach who will demand effort and results and dole out consequences for people who don’t give them…all while being in a different galaxy of understanding tactics than the last guy. He said they would bring in accountability and he did that too.

There are no shortage of reasons Adams won’t have this job much longer. Empty messaging this year isn’t one of them.

It’s his fault that he has given himself basically one chance to prove his ideas are right…because this is the first time he bothered to enact them. But at least we have something to judge him on. It’s his roster. It’s his second coach. It’s all him. There isn’t one player here he didn’t acquire or sign to their current deal. It’s all him. And if they fail again…that will be that. But it is the first time he legit tried to do something. And if he’s right he has them in a good position to continue being successful. Which should have been the priority two years ago…which is why he is living on strike two.

LongWayDown37

Mar 8, 2006
I mean…the guy is completely unqualified and his decision to take the last few years off from roster building has set them back again and again…but this year he laid out an actual plan on things he identified as needs…a total overhaul of the identity of the bottom six…and he then went out and did exactly that. He fired a coach he shouldn’t have extended to bring in a very different and more successful coach who will demand effort and results and dole out consequences for people who don’t give them…all while being in a different galaxy of understanding tactics than the last guy. He said they would bring in accountability and he did that too.

There are no shortage of reasons Adams won’t have this job much longer. Empty messaging this year isn’t one of them.

It’s his fault that he has given himself basically one chance to prove his ideas are right…because this is the first time he bothered to enact them. But at least we have something to judge him on. It’s his roster. It’s his second coach. It’s all him. There isn’t one player here he didn’t acquire or sign to their current deal. It’s all him. And if they fail again…that will be that. But it is the first time he legit tried to do something. And if he’s right he has them in a good position to continue being successful. Which should have been the priority two years ago…which is why he is living on strike two.
This isn't a recent revelation. I'm not overly impressed with this offseason... he's overpaying for assets that are obvious we need. Along with Skinner - his asset management has been horrendous. When you're flush with picks and prospects (due to total failure) its easy to address bottom six needs. I haven't seen a single thing that I would really categorize as 'smart or cunning.'

• Haha
Reactions: Dingo44

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Finally had an opportunity to sit down and watch the video right now, it stands out so much how bad these guys wanted Brodie Ziemer. I really think more than anything else he’s the reason why we were willing to move on from Savoie and improve the main roster right now, feeling pretty damn good about having a slightly larger and probably 85% of the raw skill Savoie has in Ziemer now.

Guys, I’m finally excited for the hockey season. I haven’t been excited about this team in a long time and I am now. I think Kevyn finally got this train on the track with the right roster, right coach, and a kickass prospect pipeline.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00