GDT: Sabres @ Columbus 7 PM ET TV:MSG Radio:WGR550

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
I'm curious to get a look at Monahan tonight. I was shouted down for suggesting the Sabres pick him up as a UFA over the summer. His contract is too long at 5 x$5.5m and there is a high risk he gets injured again...

but he's off to a good start. 4 points in 3 games. And +17 in faceoffs won

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
I'm curious to get a look at Monahan tonight. I was shouted down for suggesting the Sabres pick him up as a UFA over the summer. His contract is too long at 5 x$5.5m and there is a high risk he gets injured again...

but he's off to a good start. 4 points in 3 games. And +17 in faceoffs won
He would be infinitely better than Cozens at 2C and be getting paid less.

Remember that practice video where Cozens told Malenstyn not to go easy at him hard and Cozens couldn't even skate around a 4th liner.

Yeah.

Reactions: BFLO

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Wish there was ANYONE from the Sabres press huddle who is covering the team but it looks like with fan interest dying, so too are reports travelling with the team.

LetsGoBuffalo1126

Nov 17, 2021
I've pretty much run out of moral victories already and we're only through 5 games! There just has to be a point when "playing well" doesn't get a pass. I'm hoping that the strong ES play translates to wins soon but this is getting just silly.

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
Should be a fairly easy win against a weak team with weak goaltending, but never underestimate a rested home team facing an opponent on the 2nd game of a back-to-back. At least the flight was about as short as it gets.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I've pretty much run out of moral victories already and we're only through 5 games! There just has to be a point when "playing well" doesn't get a pass. I'm hoping that the strong ES play translates to wins soon but this is getting just silly.

I'd like to

He wasn’t there for the morning skate. He even has a text on Twitter talking about who to look for for details.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
He wasn’t there for the morning skate. He even has a text on Twitter talking about who to look for for details.
Given that they played in Pittsburgh yesterday, he probably had to wait on a commercial flight from Pittsburgh to Columbus and didn't make it.

I'm guessing he wouldn't be allowed to catch a ride on the team's charter.

:laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: Chainshot

debaser66

Mar 10, 2012
This isn’t an anti-Byram post so don’t take it as such.

Boy would they be in an infinitely better spot if they had Mittelstadt to slide into Cozens spot and let him work out his issues not centering the second line straight into disaster.
That’s exactly why the trade wasn't a good gamble.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad