Sabres botched alumni jerseys

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

VanekAttack91

Mar 22, 2010
Buffalo,NY
This may belong in a different thread, but has any STH received the "commemorative 50th anniversary tickets" the team marketed when they announced the 50th season? Tried looking on their site for the release with all the info but am not finding it

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
or example here's one idea I have advocated for: Taro Tsujimoto Bobblehead Night. If they did that it would blow up social media in a positive way (a first for this organization)
The night of the game:
Welcome to the Taro Sujimoto Bobblehead Night!
Of course, as he was a pretend player, so too are the bobbleheads. Feel free to buy merchandise at the Sabres Store!

Reactions: sabremike

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
The tweet was deleted, but I'm assuming its the WGR rant. Got me thinking about Ted Black, so I re-read some old threads and found this to be ironic.

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
The tweet was deleted, but I'm assuming its the WGR rant. Got me thinking about Ted Black, so I re-read some old threads and found this to be ironic.

Yep, looks like Duanes rant got deleted off WGR twitter. Keep it coming Sabres PR, you are doing great

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

And a five year old tweet to point out that things are even worse for the Sabres than they were before.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Yep, looks like Duanes rant got deleted off WGR twitter. Keep it coming Sabres PR, you are doing great

But the link for it is still out there. They didn't take down the snipped content, but it looks like they caved to someone about it to take it down.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
I dont get why they'd take it down. I guess WGR is "media" and not "journalism" but it seems like it should be their responsibility to not cave to pressure. It just doesnt make sense. Whats going to happen, sabres games on 97 rock? I dont think so

DolanPlsGoSabres

スカンデッラ
Mar 17, 2013
Nagoya
Plot twist: Pegulas have a deal in place with somebody who will buy the team in the off-season and has the hockey smarts and connections to build a winning team. The catch is that the team will be re-located. Pegulas decide to make decisions that will alienate the fanbase, so that nobody will make any effort to keep the team in Buffalo.

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
Plot twist: Pegulas have a deal in place with somebody who will buy the team in the off-season and has the hockey smarts and connections to build a winning team. The catch is that the team will be re-located. Pegulas decide to make decisions that will alienate the fanbase, so that nobody will make any effort to keep the team in Buffalo.

Yeah, that’s why the Pegula’s have invested all around the arena.

Good thinking there, Sherlock.

Sansbacon

Sep 26, 2006
Westchester, NY
They literally don't care. It's embarrassing just being a fan of this team. Between the Alumni jersey, Sabretooth being the only mascot that couldn't skate, our team failing to make the playoffs in nearly a decade, having one of the worst trades ever, and Kids Day..yikes. What's next?
What’s with the bolded? I’ve read that a few times now.

I remember when Sabretooth used to rappel from the rafters and do like a back flip at the end, then skate around the arena while heavy metal was blasting through the arena. It was awesome. I guess he was a former marine and a badass. Now, they can’t even find someone who can f***ing ice skate?

At this point, it’s just so easy to pile on. If a report came out that a custodian has complained about needing a new mop but hasn’t gotten it yet, I’d go from 0-Duane in .2 seconds. Mickey f***ing Mouse organization.

Reactions: Kyndig

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
What’s with the bolded? I’ve read that a few times now.

I remember when Sabretooth used to rappel from the rafters and do like a back flip at the end, then skate around the arena while heavy metal was blasting through the arena. It was awesome. I guess he was a former marine and a badass. Now, they can’t even find someone who can ****ing ice skate?

At this point, it’s just so easy to pile on. If a report came out that a custodian has complained about needing a new mop but hasn’t gotten it yet, I’d go from 0-Duane in .2 seconds. Mickey ****ing Mouse organization.

I mean it sounds like a big nothing burger but the little things add up. Whoever was Sabertooth last year was infinitely better than the person that did it this year.

Reactions: Sansbacon

Sansbacon

Sep 26, 2006
Westchester, NY
I mean it sounds like a big nothing burger but the little things add up. Whoever was Sabertooth last year was infinitely better than the person that did it this year.
It would totally a nothing burger be if they were winning. But when the team is shit, all of these little things accumulate into something bigger than they are. Add to that the alumni gaffs (I consider that to be in a category greater than just a little thing), and you’re left with a mounting pile of embarrassment and frustration.

Reactions: Kyndig

CrazyMonkey1208

Apr 9, 2012

..And then people wonder why we say fake news media. When they bow down to the powers that be because they said so or else instead of showing that the coin has 2 sides then they have lost all credibility. Hey WGR, grow a set. It needs to be said. 9 years of mediocrity is unacceptable.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
So who’s making the Bingo boards for where the Sabres are screwing up for a professional sports team? How quickly do we get to cover all?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad