Post-Game Talk: Sabres 3, Penguins 1 - Deja Vu All Over Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

EVGENIMERLIN

Jun 29, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Buffalo has good young talent. I have a lot of friends and extended family from Buffalo. I’d like to see them make the playoffs

Lots to dislike here: Blue line, Bottom 6, PP were gross. Didn’t love Sid’s line at all. Team looks exactly the same. JJ went from a healthy scratch to playing Top 4. Marino or Rikola should have played with Guds and Petts with Schultz.

Sully needs to make some tough decisions and promote some guys and have the courage to bench others.

JR do something.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Good news is that I'll throw my hat into the ring for the next GDT

Here's an early preview:
the-french-flag-sosimple-vet-effective-in-its-design-memecenter-com-22608235.png

Reactions: Bingo71

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I'm watching this Avs-Flames game, and I'm honestly starting to believe that this team's problems are majorly systematic. Both of these teams look dramatically faster than the Penguins and it's not because their rosters are better or faster. There are problems on the roster when it comes to speed and puck moving, but this team plays slower than it should on paper and has the same exact systematic problems it had last year.
So let's hire the WBS coach when we fire Sully in December. :sarcasm:

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
There were a few positives.

But this defense gotta be dealt with.

Holy f***ing f***. It truly is one of the worst defenses I have ever laid eyes on.

Tonight was just magnified because Dumo was Meh and Letangs Brain fell out his ass a few times.

With JJ and Gub playing like ass we cannot afford to have our top 2 defenseman join the shit fiesta, and tonight they did. If that continues... we are in for a long season.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Sit Johnson and try to trade grub and Bjugstad. Then call up lafferty.

Jake-Sid-Simon/kahun
Chucky - Malkin - Tanev
McCann - TB - Horny
Zar - Lafferty - Kahun/simon

Dumoulin - tang
petts - schultz
riikola - marino

Its not a prettier line up. But at least there would be some young guys who care, to watch play.

This team has no life.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
McCann - Crosby - Simon
Galchenyuk - Malkin - Tanev
Guentzel - Bjugstad - Hornqvist
Johnson - Teddy - Kahun

I would also try to move Bjugstad for lafferty. I dont think its much of a drop off and it would be nice to see a guy who hustles and tries. Better than watching paint dry which is about bjugs right now.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Just one time, can we acknowledge that JJ and Gudbranson weren’t the main problems tonight and focus our complaints where they’re actually merited? Or is that too much to ask?
Gudbranson was terrible. JJ was bad as well. Letang was terrible.

It's pretty tough to get anything going when half of your blueline is varying degrees of bad, y'know? Just because we're accustom to JJ being dreadful doesn't mean that having a bad game (not relative to his norm, but for a 2nd pairing blueliner in general) is a good thing.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Sit Johnson and try to trade grub and Bjugstad. Then call up lafferty.

Jake-Sid-Simon/kahun
Chucky - Malkin - Tanev
McCann - TB - Horny
Zar - Lafferty - Kahun/simon

Dumoulin - tang
petts - schultz
riikola - marino

Its not a prettier line up. But at least there would be some young guys who care, to watch play.

This team has no life.

Honestly after tonight. I’d be tempted to run

Petts - Letang
Dumo - Marino
Riikola - Schultz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad