Proposal: Saad to Columbus

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
How about the Blues figure that out on their end.
You're being obtuse.

I'm asking you if this trade is something CBJ would maybe be interested in:

to Columbus Blue Jackets
BRANDON SAAD
mid-20s 3rd pair DFD / 2wayD, cheap cap w/ some potential
depth prospect, nobody special but SOME potential

to St Louis Blues
IVAN PROVOROV
Corson Ceulemans

SteelCityCannon

Mar 25, 2017
Nothing against Saad but I doubt he'd be worth it for us. Whoever we acquire ideally will be pushed to 3rd or 4th line by March. Can't give up too much for a stop gap.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Nothing against Saad but I doubt he'd be worth it for us. Whoever we acquire ideally will be pushed to 3rd or 4th line by March. Can't give up too much for a stop gap.

That would make him an ideal candidate to be honest. Seems as if he gets his 20-30 and 20 regardless of where he plays.

However, I’m not sure there’s a bridge to gap between Columbus not really needing to pay a premium due to not being in a competitive window, and the Blues trading a contributor that they can push down the lineup and know what they’re getting. Especially given the trade protection attached.

Just a side note attached here from reading earlier as well. I don’t think there are many trades in which the Blues would trade Neifhbors. He seems pretty engrained into the locker room and into the Blues future plans. As much sense as it makes as Jiricek hypothetically fits exactly what we need. I still don’t think the Blues front office would move Neighbors.

"Flip him for what you REALLY want" is always a ripoff proposal.

Practical on paper. Not practical when you account for the players and managers being people.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad