Saad=Reborn

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
i don't see boston trading a 1st round pick after doing it last year for nash. lots of prospects in the system
worth a look though. donato/bjork/heinen + another prospect (zboril or cehlarik?) could work. how's saad's
game lately?
I'd do Donato + Zboril + 3rd

Saad has been inconsistent. We all want Fishbowl Saad back. He got slashed in November or something and had to wear a full shield that looked like a fishbowl. During that time he was the best player on the team. He was playing some of the best hockey of his career and that's why this thread was made. Currently he's not playing that way. I'm not sure what it is but perhaps he needs a change of scenery. He should be a defensively responsible ~50 point power winger.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
I'd do Donato + Zboril + 3rd

Saad has been inconsistent. We all want Fishbowl Saad back. He got slashed in November or something and had to wear a full shield that looked like a fishbowl. During that time he was the best player on the team. He was playing some of the best hockey of his career and that's why this thread was made. Currently he's not playing that way. I'm not sure what it is but perhaps he needs a change of scenery. He should be a defensively responsible ~50 point power winger.

thanks for the feedback. there was a chicago scout in providence today, so maybe he was looking at
one of the b's prospects. sounds like they have talked saad, so we'll see where it leads.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
thanks for the feedback. there was a chicago scout in providence today, so maybe he was looking at
one of the b's prospects. sounds like they have talked saad, so we'll see where it leads.
I hope a trade can be worked out. Saad is a play off machine and he won't have that chance here.

Jay haller

Oct 22, 2017
Pass i’d rather see Saad with a extended look with Kane and Strome before moving him. But since the hawks want to move anisimov before that happens

TheSting

Jun 22, 2015
Panarin does nothing for me he’ll turn into late stage sharp if he comes back

What ex Hawk has re-signed and not disappoint? Are the Blackhawks a Panarin type player away to contend next year?

Besides, with a players coach like Q gone, no chance he comes back on a discount, Blackhawks will have to pay market value.

Reactions: vshun

Jay haller

Oct 22, 2017
What ex Hawk has re-signed and not disappoint? Are the Blackhawks a Panarin type player away to contend next year?

Besides, with a players coach like Q gone, no chance he comes back on a discount, Blackhawks will have to pay market value.

He wasn’t taking a discount anyway. I really want stone he’s better fit for toews. It allows you to play matchups with Saad and Debrincat respectively.

TheSting

Jun 22, 2015
He wasn’t taking a discount anyway. I really want stone he’s better fit for toews. It allows you to play matchups with Saad and Debrincat respectively.

Some team will offer Stone a 5++ year deal. Bowman has already mentioned he is not handing out long term deals anymore. In the past <insert random NHL'er> may have taken a year or 2 less for a chance at the cup. On a team that's rebuilding?....no chance.

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
I personally prefer Bjork, but he has been battling tons of injuries lately. Donato is VERY invisible if he's not producing.

Heinen has been snakebitten this year, but he does all the little things right. Can play all 3 positions, but mostly LW/RW

Also I like Lauzon over Zboril. I know Zboril has the draft pedigree, but Lauzon looked veryyy solid when he was up with the Bruins this year. Kid competes hard and is a warrior.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Bowman has not said anything about not handing out long term deals...

Zero, I have heard him say zero about that. How the hell do these narratives get started?

He has expressed publicly his reluctance to pay another forward big money though.
Hasn’t said flatout he won’t do it, but has made the case for why he doesn’t think it’s a good idea.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Zero, I have heard him say zero about that. How the hell do these narratives get started?

He has expressed publicly his reluctance to pay another forward big money though.
Hasn’t said flatout he won’t do it, but has made the case for why he doesn’t think it’s a good idea.

I’ve heard the second part, but that was also when they had Hossa on the books and Schmaltz looking like a long term fit. It would make sense that they take the 5-6m they likely had set aside for Schmaltz and put it toward another top 6 forward. Panarin and Stone will be a few mil more but they’re better players. If Bowman really is cautious about committing long term dollars then it will be really interesting to see how he allocates the cap space. Can’t see them sitting out of the Panarin sweepstakes. Not only does he make the team better but he was a very popular player. They can right their wrongs to casual fans and Stan looks smart for coming away with Saad and getting Panarin back.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I’ve heard the second part, but that was also when they had Hossa on the books and Schmaltz looking like a long term fit. It would make sense that they take the 5-6m they likely had set aside for Schmaltz and put it toward another top 6 forward. Panarin and Stone will be a few mil more but they’re better players. If Bowman really is cautious about committing long term dollars then it will be really interesting to see how he allocates the cap space. Can’t see them sitting out of the Panarin sweepstakes. Not only does he make the team better but he was a very popular player. They can right their wrongs to casual fans and Stan looks smart for coming away with Saad and getting Panarin back.

Well he made the case again during the Spittn Chiclets interview. That was after Hossa and Schmaltz were shipped out.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Well he made the case again during the Spittn Chiclets interview. That was after Hossa and Schmaltz were shipped out.

Hmm okay. Interesting. DeBrincat should be priority number one but as we’ve talked about before there should be enough in any scenario to pay him 7-8m per. Crawford, Anisimov and Saad will be off the books. Murphy could be moved if the D pipeline pans out. Cap growth, etc. But other than Cat there is no pressing priority that should make them sit out on Panarin and Stone.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Hmm okay. Interesting. DeBrincat should be priority number one but as we’ve talked about before there should be enough in any scenario to pay him 7-8m per. Crawford, Anisimov and Saad will be off the books. Murphy could be moved if the D pipeline pans out. Cap growth, etc. But other than Cat there is no pressing priority that should make them sit out on Panarin and Stone.

Ya, it’s interesting.

I think (me speculating based off listening to his interviews) Bowman is mostly interested in building depth and improving defensive play from the back and front end.

It seems like he believes this team has enough high end scoring. He made the comment that you don’t need 100 point scorers to win.

I can see him bringing in 2-3 above average bottom-6 guys.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Ya, it’s interesting.

I think (me speculating based off listening to his interviews) Bowman is mostly interested in building depth and improving defensive play from the back and front end.

It seems like he believes this team has enough high end scoring. He made the comment that you don’t need 100 point scorers to win.

I can see him bringing in 2-3 above average bottom-6 guys.

Its a dangerous game to play because the top end guys generally consider only a couple teams and then the rest of the league is bidding for the depth pieces after the top guys sign. Personally rather have one elite piece at fair value than 3 depth pieces that are slightly overpaid. This team won cups with a top heavy cap structure and cheap depth.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

Consider the source. High school kids like to just make shit up.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Its a dangerous game to play because the top end guys generally consider only a couple teams and then the rest of the league is bidding for the depth pieces after the top guys sign. Personally rather have one elite piece at fair value than 3 depth pieces that are slightly overpaid. This team won cups with a top heavy cap structure and cheap depth.

That’s true, but that cheap depth was actually good and way outperformed their cheap contracts. We used to see guys making about a million scoring 40 points from the 3rd line. Or Andrew Shaw giving us 30+ on the 4th line for $2 million.

Right now, there aren’t a lot of guys in the system who can provide that kind of depth production we use to get. That and bleeding goals is a big reason this team is in a rough place.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
That’s true, but that cheap depth was actually good and way outperformed their cheap contracts. We used to see guys making about a million scoring 40 points from the 3rd line. Or Andrew Shaw giving us 30+ on the 4th line for $2 million.

Right now, there aren’t a lot of guys in the system who can provide that kind of depth production we use to get. That and bleeding goals is a big reason this team is in a rough place.

Definitely agree there. Still would sign Panarin or Stone and figure out how to find depth scoring another way. They’re on the right track. Top 10 pick this year in forward heavy draft. Glut of defensemen in system to swap for forwards. Cagguila, Hayden, Perlini, Kampf and Kahun are all NHL players. Barratt can sign after season. Kurashev could be in mix. They’re missing another game breaker. Sign Panarin and draft a forward that can play next year and guys like Saad, Anisimov and Kahun move to the bottom 6 where they should be.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
for me, i would do anything to sign the Cat to a 10 yr contract with multi layers of salary increases.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad